BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers' advantage. We are a highly respected engineering organisation providing services to governments around the world. At Digital Intelligence we are proud of the mission critical systems that we build for our customers, in areas that truly make a difference to society. We work in a number of sectors including Healthcare, Law Enforcement, Security, Defence, Space, Telecommunications and National and International Government to name a few.
We are looking for experienced Platform Engineers to join our team following continuous growth and success. What you could be doing for us:
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Design, Build and Test of infrastructure and software architectural elements to enable the system to function within the context of a UK deployed environment.
- Ensuring that all deliverables align with appropriate standards, frameworks, and security policies
- Working in an Agile team with other solution engineers and team leads to ensure a robust solution is delivered within time, cost and performance
Along with the core list above, experience of any of the following would set you up for success in the role:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019 core operating systems along with additional Microsoft based technologies such as Active Directory, Exchange, Skype, SQL and Group Policy.
- Microsoft Windows 10, various Linux implementations from thick client to zero client VDI solutions.
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMware ESXi 6.5, vCentre 6.5, vSAN 6.5, Site Recovery Manager 8.1 and Horizon 7.4.
- Firm understanding of Audit solutions such as Splunk or ELK and Proxy technologies such NGINX
- Public and Private cloud architectures utilising Software Defined Datacentre (SDDC) techniques.
How we will support you:
- Government Grade Cryptography Provisioning and Management
- Military Information Services such as NATO FAS, UK Base Services and MOD Business management apps.
- Security implementations such as PKI e.g. ADFS in line with MOD Security assurance processes.
- Identity Management more specifically Token based authentication using products such as ADFS and VMWare Identity Manager
- VMware's Software Defined Networking Product - NSX-V & NSX-T, to deliver secure multi-tenancy solutions.
- Work-life balance is important; you'll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- You can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You'll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don't know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You'll be part of our bonus scheme
You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
If this sounds like you, it's time to apply...Security Clearance
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Due to the nature of our, work successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearanceLife at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.