At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The BMC function hasan important role to play in helping to achieve EY’s vision to become the leading global professional services organization. We work hand in hand with the business to take services and solutions to market; bring our purpose, building a better working world, to life for our people, clients and communities; engage our people and build a high performing culture; and to build the commercial value and emotional resonance of the EY brand.
The function is made up of around 2,000 professionals, working across the Executive and Regions in the following areas of specialism: Brand; Marketing; PR/Media Relations & External Communications; Internal Communications & Employee Engagement; Corporate communications.
BMC also includes a number of teams who are responsible forcontent development, editorial, webcasts, events-staging, strategy, planning and operations. Through the collective power of BMC, and the other teams and specialists we work with, we aim to build a better working world by driving commercial value through distinctive marketing and communications that deliver measurable market impact. The opportunity
EY is seeking an experienced and passionate content driven PR and social media professional to join its award-winning Global Media Relations and Social Media team to support two Industry Markets teams: Consumer Products & Retail (Consumer) and Health Sciences & Wellness (Health). This role is focused on building the global media profile of the EY Consumer and Health teams and leadership, working closely with BMC colleagues to drive communications programs (PR and social media) that deliver results and create the ideal environment for the industries’ business and reputational goals. The Assistant Director will also support the EY global network of media relations and social media professionals around in the world in engaging with the media in their respective geographies on these programs.
The individual will have the ability to manage multiple stakeholders and projects in a fast-paced, dynamic global environment, spot and analyze trends and implement compelling communications programs. The individual will also have keen analytical skills and the intellectual rigor to work with complex and, sometimes, technical subject matters to create compelling and headline-grabbing media stories that work across the world. The individual will have high-energy and be able to balance and prioritize regularly. Your key responsibilities
In this role you will be skilled at managing multiple senior stakeholders - directly and remotely - to deliver executive visibility programmes for key EY leaders including elevating their share of voice and supporting their global programs and events. You will have a history of creating and delivering social media campaigns, a proven track record in generating strong results with global media, business and trade press and will work well within a globally dispersed team across multiple time zones. Overall, the ideal candidate is an experienced, organized, proactive, energetic and detail-oriented professional who enjoys a mix of strategic planning and practical execution and initiates communications programs and delivers results that create the ideal environment for the business and its reputational goals.
You will have solid experience and skills across all of the elements of the PR and social media mix: be a strong writer across a mix of materials (including press releases, press briefings, messaging, op-eds, blogs, social media copy and more); have the ability to secure frequent media placements, oversee event planning and execution and have experience managing social media channels (including advising and supporting stakeholders with social media, capturing and creating social media content, commissioning social graphics and assets).
You will have at least 8 years’ PR experience ideally in a corporate and or professional services public relations environment and an understanding of the key themes driving the sustainability agenda is preferred. Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- A strong team player and lateral thinker, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently
- Ability to track and use the global news agenda to proactively develop opportunities for comment or for pitching reports
- Benchmark position to understand results and deliver improved media and social media results
- Prepare press releases and other media briefing materials for launches of global surveys, studies, annual announcements and campaigns; create content that builds engagement with the global media relations network
- Support the social media profile for global stakeholders and work closely with the social media to collaborate on campaign and projects, being willing to try and test new features.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Minimum 8 years PR experience working in-house or PR agency
- Extensive experience in managing and advising senior leadership on a day-to-day basis
- A strong writer with accuracy and attention to detail; reliability
- An ability to work with complex, sometimes technical or specialist content
- Good existing relationships and the ability to cultivate new relationships with international business media e.g. Financial Times, Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Fortune
- Proven experience managing social media campaign activations
What we look for
- A passion for social media, current affairs and business news
- Understanding of the consumer and health landscape with the ability to develop content related to both industry segments
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity, as this role will involve daily interaction with people in countries around the globe. Ideally strong experience in handling international project launches
- A self-starter with a “can do” attitude and the drive to get the job done; the potential to develop within the organization
We’re looking for an experienced, high energy individual who embraces change and innovation in order to ensure that we can continue to deliver world-class BMC initiatives in an ever-changing environment. What we offer
As part of this role, you'll work in a highly integrated, global team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits available in your country. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Please apply to this role only through the ‘Apply’ link (not through the local office). Your application will then be routed to the appropriate recruiting team.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build. EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.