- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in cloud computing and a customer facing environment.
- Experience with database technologies, administration and management tools, performance tuning techniques, SQL, troubleshooting, and data migration strategies to cloud.
- Experience delivering technical presentations and live demonstrations of database products.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
- Technical sales experience or professional consulting experience in the fields of systems integration, large-scale data transfer/management, and enterprise database performance.
- Experience optimizing database performance with respect to transactional or analytic workloads.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery and data backup strategies.
- Ability to learn, understand, and work quickly with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, understand key customer business and technical issues, and develop the strategy and solution to support their stakes.
- Inspire customers and peers to solve difficult problems with ambitious and novel solutions.
- Manage the technical relationship with Google’s customers, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources.
- Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments, and travel to customer sites, conferences and other related events as needed.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form