- Bachelor's degree in Science, Arts, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience managing teams and direct people management.
- Experience in public relations, media, or corporate communications.
- Ability to identify trending topics and issues with a defined point of view, and engage with senior executives and leadership teams.
- Ability to deliver high quality work while managing multiple projects.
- Ability to delegate, motivate, and develop team members.
- Ability to establish media relationships in multiple EMEA regions, and an understanding of cloud technologies.
- Excellent writing, editing, research, analytical, and (verbal and written) communication skills.
About the job
As a member of the Google Cloud Communications team, you will collaborate with other cross-functional teams to communicate with journalists and thought leaders, develop specific communications materials and devise thought leadership campaigns. You'll understand the power of Google’s Cloud products and tell the story of how we help our customers innovate. You'll engage in face-to-face meetings with internal executives and external opinion formers, and develop print and web-based materials supporting these campaigns.
As the Head of Communications for Google Cloud in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), you will be responsible for shaping internal and external communications strategies, working across the broader Google communications organization in the region, and other organizations (e.g., Marketing, Policy, Partner teams, Sales, etc.). You will help navigate and communicate Google Cloud’s unique value proposition to end users, employees, customers, partners, and other stakeholders, promoting the benefits and differentiation.
As a leader on the team, you will drive an integrated communications strategy internally and externally and manage and grow a team of communications professionals. You will also work cross-functionally to communicate with journalists and other thought leaders to devise specific communications materials and campaigns, as well as support communications for Google Cloud’s regional leadership, and counter misinformation that might interfere with business.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees--about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, Communications, Marketing, Product, and beyond.
- Manage the team responsible for all programs associated with EMEA Cloud Communications across multiple regions and languages.
- Hire and continue to grow the team over time, manage the team, and build new programs that can scale with the business.
- Develop strategies and manage day-to-day execution of public relations related to Google Cloud executives and programs.
- Educate business press, analysts, and other influencers about Google Cloud.
- Manage ongoing executive communication opportunities including media briefings, speaking engagements, and customer/partner activities.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form