- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Strategy, a related discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in strategic planning, management consulting, or real estate portfolio planning.
- Experience communicating concepts and solutions to all levels of an organization.
- Experience in core real estate concepts including financial analysis, construction, and project timelines.
- Experience in the real estate sector (e.g., corporate real estate, investment, consulting).
- Experience with end-to-end improvement of tools and processes, identifying opportunities, defining scope and roadmap, and delivering and reporting on outcomes.
- Experience with spreadsheet and presentation tools, SQL, and data visualization.
- Excellent planning skills, including attention to detail, information organization, timeline tracking, and communication and collaboration across many teams and at all organizational levels.
About the job
Our Strategic Portfolio Planning team develops global, strategic real estate plans so that the execution team can deliver timely solutions to meet the needs of our growing company. As a Strategic Planner on the REWS team, you will be responsible for developing regional growth strategies to satisfy complex and expanding business needs. You'll use data and analytical insights to develop and present multiple scenarios to REWS stakeholders that optimize our real estate portfolio and meet the needs of our clients.
In this role, you will build strong relationships with cross-functional partners including regional portfolio and facilities directors, transactions, finance, and the client-facing Business Partner (BP) teams to anticipate and understand the requests coming from different client groups, assess the growth options available from a financial perspective, and suggest solutions that take into account competing priorities and requests. You'll help to create standards, processes, and tools to align planning processes across the region. As Google’s diverse businesses continue to grow, you will proactively address our real estate solutions based on the changing requirements of the business and the adaptations in our real estate portfolio.
The Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) team creates inspiring spaces and innovative services that bring Google’s culture and values to life. We build and maintain all aspects of what keeps our Googley workspaces operating seamlessly across multiple cities and regions globally. We also manage the industry-leading services that help make Google a great place to work -- from how we design healthy and collaborative workspaces, create energizing food experiences, provide convenient transportation and fitness options, to delivering inclusive environments where Google and our employees can thrive.
- Monitor the balance of the regional real estate portfolio, predict and identify any space imbalance, and proactively drive solutions that reconcile local needs with what is best for Google.
- Work with cross-functional collaborators and senior leadership to develop comprehensive strategies, drive strategic recommendations, gain internal alignment, and guide proposals through internal review and executive level approval.
- Build strong relationships with REWS leadership, cross-functional partners, and business leaders that enable you to synthesize diverse viewpoints and influence stakeholders towards optimal real estate decisions.
- Adapt to changing business needs, assess their impact on the portfolio, identify real estate levers that could be deployed in response, and reflect on limitations and opportunities to mitigate risk.
- Develop and evaluate portfolio scenarios, uncover real estate opportunities by analyzing data, staying abreast of market changes, and matching our space demand needs.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form