Are you looking for a Senior Java role that will deliver solutions to improve people’s lives?
Do you want to solve complex engineering problems that will reach out to the lives of millions of people through critical DWP services?
Are you collaborative, agile and test driven in your approach?
We’re looking for Senior Java Engineers to lead, design, build and maintain our flagship service, Universal Credit.
Universal Credit is one of the highest profile digital transformation programmes in the world, praised for its fast and flexible response to the Covid-19 pandemic and now in use by over 5 million claimants and 30,000 staff.
Few other organisations globally can offer the same opportunity to work with cutting edge technology at this scale and to make such a critical difference to millions of people’s lives.
Our Senior Java Engineers lead and set the strategy as well as build our products and applications - with researchers, testers, architects, analysts and designers - as part of multi-functional agile delivery teams.
What really excites us is problem-solving. We have a unique opportunity to deliver innovative technology that carries real value for millions of users.
Our teams draw value from collaboration, actively seek input from colleagues and value ideas - from across disciplines, grades and job titles -over hierarchy.
You’ll also be part of a supportive Engineering community of practice, with hundreds of engineering experts from across the UK united by passion and purpose. We’ll give you the tools and time to build your capability, with coaching, mentoring, qualifications and formal learning, meet-ups or whatever else works for you.
You will be a leader in our team, you will coach and mentor Java Engineers.
We are extending our already skilled and creative Java Engineering team.
You’ll share a brilliant environment with colleagues from across DWP and wider government, making it the perfect place to collaborate and build networks.
Check out these blogs from DWP Digital- Meet the Engineer and A day in the life of a Java Engineer.
• An employer pension contribution of up to 27% For further information please click here.
• Annual leave rising up to 30 days, (based on your working pattern).
• Family friendly flexible working arrangements, such as hybrid working, job sharing, term-time working, flexi-time and compressed hours.
• Learning and development tailored to your role this could include industry recognised qualifications, coaching and mentoring.
• An inclusive and diverse environment with opportunities to join staff networks including: Women’s Network, National Race Network, National Disability Network (THRIVE) and many more.
- This job role may be suitable for hybrid working
If you would like to learn more about the role, please contact email@example.com.