Do you have experience of delivering in a Project, Programme or Portfolio Management environment?
Are you curious to solve complex problems that enable delivery?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced and varied environment?
Are you a highly organised self-starter, with an eye for detail?
If so, this is an opportunity to use your skills to help improve the lives of millions of people.
DWP Digital is transforming DWP’s services by unlocking the potential of leading-edge technologies and ways of working.
With our partners, we’re focused on building and running innovative digital technology solutions that meet and respond to the changing needs and expectations of millions of people. We want to make it quicker, easier and less costly for DWP’s customers to get the support they need.
Portfolio Management is key within the department in ensuring that decisions surrounding the timing, structure and prioritisation of projects & programmes, are correctly planned, managed, tracked and fully compliant with the Digital and Technology Cabinet Office Spend Controls, Departmental and Digital Governance.
We have a number of vacancies in our central and functional Portfolio groups.
Within this role you will be responsible for assuring successful delivery of a portfolio of projects and programmes within the Digital Portfolio Management Function.
You will work across many aspects of Portfolio Management, understanding delivery trajectories, dependencies, risks and maintaining a strong awareness of the ‘bigger picture’ of DWP and Digital Group strategy.
You will build strong relationships as you liaise regularly with colleagues across Digital Group, Finance and Commercial teams in DWP, Cabinet Office and HM Treasury to deliver change, keeping our vital services and systems running for our customers.
You will help to ensure DWP and Digital comply and apply the Cross Government Control frameworks and our own internal Portfolio, Governance, Delivery and management frameworks and controls.
You will ensure that your portfolio of digital projects are planned, prioritised and effectively delivered.
This will include managing demand, tracking delivery progress against road maps, ensuring inter-dependencies are visible and delivered, preparing and analysing portfolio status reports, managing governance and assuring delivery of outcomes within your portfolio, supporting agile delivery teams in accelerating delivery, unblocking issues and ensuring proper controls and risk mitigation procedures are in place and across multiple projects within a portfolio.
You will be responsible for supporting the portfolio community professional capability build including line management and coaching.
Your responsibilities will include but are not restricted to, the following:
• Track a portfolio of digital projects on their delivery progress using defined methods for each programme, escalating issues and resource constraints as appropriate.
• Provide analysis and update reports on progress to members of the leadership team making recommendations identifying any potential issues within your portfolio.
• Build, maintain and manage long term strategic relationships, facilitating and influencing stakeholders through effective engagement and relationship management skills.
• Ensure compliance with standards and support adherence to all governance and assurance activity for the Service Teams or DWP Digital, ensuring all service standards are being met.
• Identify future risks and blockers, using tooling and information to spot planning and delivery risks, escalating to senior leadership as necessary.
• Support identification and prioritisation of new work that aligns to the department's digital strategy working across service teams to support impacting of new work.
• Support in the development of project business cases and monitor project benefits against the business case predictions, supporting operational managers to ensure plans, timescales and deliverables are aligned to expected benefits.
Alongside your salary of £38,469, Department for Work and Pensions contributes £9,226 towards you being a member of the Civil Service Defined Benefit Pension scheme.
• An employer pension contribution of up to 27%
• Annual leave rising up to 30 days, (based on your working pattern).
• Family friendly flexible working arrangements, such as hybrid working, job sharing, term-time working, flexi-time and compressed hours.
• Learning and development tailored to your role this could include industry recognised qualifications, coaching and mentoring.
• An inclusive and diverse environment with opportunities to join staff networks including: Women’s Network, National Race Network, National Disability Network (THRIVE) and many more.
- This job role may be suitable for hybrid working
If you would like to learn more about the role, please contact email@example.com.