Would you love the opportunity to help shape the future of Data Management & Compliance within DWP?
The Data Management & Compliance team is part of an ever-expanding Office of the Chief Data Officer (OoCDO). The OoCDO is responsible for leveraging the Department’s data as a strategic asset and oversees a range of data-related governance capabilities that include Data Strategy & Governance, Data Quality, Data Architecture, Usage & Maintenance, Data Privacy and Data Security. These roles are opportunities to shape and change how the OoCDO integrates and works with the wider Department as the OoCDO matures.
Are you someone who would enjoy collaborating with Directorates and teams across the Department, to drive how data can legally and safely used that will inform ongoing improvements in the fabric of Government?
If so, click that apply button now and join us as an Associate Data Governance Manager.
We have new and exciting opportunities for Associate Data Governance Managers to join and help shape our teams within the OoCDO.
The successful candidate will work in the Data Management & Compliance team and will be supporting the following areas:
- Safeguarding DWP and Citizens ensuring Data Protection compliance, particularly UKGDPR compliance for both Digital Group and wider DWP.
- Ensuring compliance with the departments Information Asset and Data Sharing Inventories
- Support risk activities along with Secretariat support to key Data Risk/Governance Boards
- Developing and implementing compliance for SharePoint labelling
You will report to a Data Governance Manager and will work closely with team members and colleagues across the Office of the Chief Data Officer and colleagues across DWP.
As a key member of the Data Management and Compliance team, the successful candidate will perform duties including:
- Support the vital role that OoCDO plays in delivering the Department’s Information Management Policy (IMP) through the oversight of Information Security controls that are in place across the business, including the policy that underpins the Information Asset Inventory (IAI), Data Sharing Inventory (DSI) and overall data management & retention.
- Support both the business and Governance/Senior Governance Managers on both UK GDPR and information security risks. Helping to identify and articulate risks and issues with data management, assisting the business to understand and help formulate mitigation utilising effective controls. In addition, tracking progress and obtaining assurance activities have been undertaken.
- Provide support to the Senior Governance Manager, so that data risks are effectively identified, categorised, recorded and managed in each of the business areas, working closely with Risk/Governance Boards, supporting and tracking solutions that remediate and mitigate against those risks.
- Undertake activities to improve retention label compliance levels on SharePoint and OneDrive including the analysis of Microsoft Power BI to identify missing SharePoint retention labels, reporting compliance levels to senior managers, and issuing relevant communications to site owners. Additionally, to monitor the quality of applied retention labels on SharePoint to improve compliance with DWP's Information Management Policy
Alongside your salary of £34,173, Department for Work and Pensions contributes £9,226 towards you being a member of the Civil Service Defined Benefit Pension scheme.
• Annual leave rising up to 30 days, (based on your working pattern).
• Family friendly flexible working arrangements, such as hybrid working, job sharing, term-time working, flexi-time and compressed hours.
• Learning and development tailored to your role this could include industry recognised qualifications, coaching and mentoring.
• An inclusive and diverse environment with opportunities to join staff networks including: Women’s Network, National Race Network, National Disability Network (THRIVE) and many more.
- This job role may be suitable for hybrid working
The essential criteria are outlined in the selection process details.
If you would like to learn more about the role, please contact email@example.com.