Are you an experienced content designer? Are you passionate about delivering high quality content? Do you want to help transform services for the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)?
We’re looking for enthusiastic and talented senior content designers to work on GOV.UK and on services that make a difference to people’s lives.
Content designers meet users’ needs with content. They help people complete essential tasks. It’s very challenging and very rewarding work for content designers who care about improving people’s lives.
The core purpose of our content designers is to focus on user needs:
- to make complex information and processes easy to understand and follow, and
- to help the government achieve the intended outcomes of its policies
A senior content designer is an experienced practitioner who can take a high-level view of how a user's content journey maps to business processes. They develop content strategy and solutions for complex services and other products working with digital and non-digital content.
A senior content designer maps and writes user stories and is responsible for content quality, including reviewing the work of others. They mentor content designers and may also manage small teams. They lead on cross-government content projects and engage with the wider government content community.
Alongside your salary of £50,155, Department for Work and Pensions contributes £13,993 towards you being a member of the Civil Service Defined Benefit Pension scheme.
• Annual leave rising up to 30 days, (based on your working pattern).
• Family friendly flexible working arrangements, such as hybrid working, job sharing, term-time working, flexi-time and compressed hours.
• Learning and development tailored to your role.This could include industry recognised qualifications, coaching and mentoring.
• An inclusive and diverse environment with opportunities to join staff networks including: Women’s Network, National Race Network, National Disability Network (THRIVE) and many more.
• Hybrid working
The essential criteria are outlined in the selection process details.
If you would like to learn more about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.