Can you analyse, plan and test changes to systems, products and services to help build in quality and prevent failure?
If so, join the team as our next QA Tester!
Technology Services provide the foundations upon which digital services for DWP are developed and operate. Our purpose is to deliver secure, effective and cost-efficient digital infrastructure services and to run live IT operations that support DWP business objectives.
DWP has moved from traditional work software to a modern service, using Microsoft Office 365.
Microsoft Office 365 comprises the traditional Microsoft Office application suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and so on) complemented with cloud based productivity applications including Microsoft SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.
You will be involved with the assurance of a number of different Microsoft Office Products across a number of digital projects across DWP Digital. You will help provide confidence to the delivery and rollout of Microsoft Office Products across the DWP which contribute to the department's aims and deliver its digital strategy.
The QA Tester will work as part of a Testing Team across a number of digital Products to identify and subsequently define the required tests, monitor the test coverage and evaluate the overall quality experienced when testing the Target Test Items.
This role also involves specifying any required Test Data and evaluating the outcome of the testing conducted in each test phase including the logging and management of defects.
The key tasks are:
• Use the agreed assurance and testing frameworks with appropriate success measures and automation where possible (waterfall and agile, data driven automation, web browser automation).
• Use defined test tooling solutions e.g., Zephyr, TestComplete.
• Review requirements, specifications and define test conditions.
• Design test cases and test scripts, mapping back to pre-determined criteria, recording and reporting outcomes.
• Identify and create test data where required to support tests.
• Conduct allocated test execution activities and formally record success/failure raising and managing defects for issues encountered.
• Produce comprehensive test documentation.
• Identify ways to optimise the current test process.
• Conduct testing using appropriate automation tooling with some exposure to creation of simple Automation scripts.
• Conduct automated and manual accessibility testing; WCAG 2.1 AA or AAA conformance.
• Contribute to community discussions about best practice within the Test Team.
• Share best practice and actively seek to improve consistency of approach and compliance with GDS (Government Digital Service) standards.
• Attend and contribute to Test Community meetings and events.
• Able to review requirements, specifications and produce test scripts.
• Able to identify issues and risks associated with work whilst being able to analyse and report test activities and results.
• Able to identify test data requirements and create data sets.
• Assist in the investigation and resolution of defects and issues.
• Conduct testing using appropriate automation tooling with some exposure to creation of simple Automation scripts (i.e., TestComplete).
• Able to design and execute non-functional test cases (i.e., Accessibility Testing) using standard testing techniques, in instructed environments.
If you would like to learn more about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• An employer pension contribution of up to 27%
• Annual leave rising up to 30 days, (based on your working pattern).
• Family friendly flexible working arrangements, such as hybrid working, job sharing, term-time working, flexi-time and compressed hours.
• Learning and development tailored to your role this could include industry recognised qualifications, coaching and mentoring.
• An inclusive and diverse environment with opportunities to join staff networks including: Women’s Network, National Race Network, National Disability Network (THRIVE) and many more.
• This job role may be suitable for hybrid working,