MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.
Salary: Up to £55,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Hybrid working pattern: On average 2-3 days site based
MBDA invites you to join our Systems Engineering and Design Capability team. This dynamic role involves supporting projects through established model-based systems engineering processes, while also contributing to the evolution of our best practices to enhance efficiency and consistency across our UK operations.
You will provide tailored training and consulting support to key projects, influence process improvement and behavioural change in teams, and support the international alignment of Systems Engineering expertise. Your role will involve executing MBSE (Model Based Systems Engineering) concepts in active projects and promoting a full lifecycle approach to system design. Regularly updating your technical knowledge to provide superior services is a part of the job.
Joining our high-impact team, you will have the opportunity to work with diverse projects and stakeholders, collaborate with international MBDA teams, apply Systems Engineering to holistic Capability challenges, and contribute to MBDA UK's Systems Engineering future. This role will facilitate your growth in emerging systems engineering and digital engineering approaches, preparing you for future project roles.
What we're looking for from you:
- Systems Engineer experience in modern Systems Engineering methods and tools, particularly in model-based approaches.
- A background in systems architecture modelling, ideally in the Rhapsody IBM tool, is desirable but comparable modelling tool experience is also welcome.
- You should be eager to enhance your skills in emerging Systems Engineering and Digital Engineering concepts such as Agile Systems Engineering, AI in Systems Engineering, Model Based Test, Model Based Design Reviews, and more.
- Autonomous work ethic, excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Up to date knowledge of issues in relevant specialist area(s) e.g. mechanical, electrical, software, Integrated Logistic Support (ILS), Human Factors (HF), control and analysis, with experience of representing them within an architecture.
- Degree in a relevant field and relevant experience post-graduation is expected.
- An interest and willingness to expand your expertise into Digital Engineering concepts including Model Based Engineering, Digital Threads, Digital Twins, Authoritative Source of Truth, etc
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.