Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Typically 5 years of experience with data structures/algorithms and software development in one or more programming languages.
- Typically 3 years of experience testing, maintaining, or launching software products, and 1 year of experience with software design and architecture.
- Typically 3 years of experience in software engineering.
- Experience with internal Google server-side frameworks such as Boq, Apps Framework etc.
- Experience coding, building applications in Java or Kotlin.
- Experience in full-stack development.
- Ability to generate, execute, and iterate on innovative ideas.
- Passion of AI, in particular with LLM.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Cerebra is a research group building private, personal agents that transform computing for people around the world.Tracking the evolution of ambient computing and artificial intelligence, we predict a transformation in the interactions between people and their digital and physical worlds via mediating agents. This subteam of Cerebra is tasked with working with other research and engineering teams to couple together a working personal agents system that demonstrates fundamental elements of human interaction with technology through mediating agents, given the latest advances of AI and large language models (LLMs).
Google Research addresses challenges that define the technology of today and tomorrow. From conducting fundamental research to influencing product development, our research teams have the opportunity to impact technology used by billions of people every day.
Our teams aspire to make discoveries that impact everyone, and core to our approach is sharing our research and tools to fuel progress in the field -- we publish regularly in academic journals, release projects as open source, and apply research to Google products.
- Work with Research, UX and Product Management teams to define, design and implement a new agents system.
- Be a technical expert for server side development. Help the team deliver on its goals to build an agents system.
- Collaborate with other Engineering teams.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form