- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in extended workforce contingent solutions and optimizing operational performance.
- Experience leading a team that owns multiple, time-sensitive projects with engaging priorities.
- Experience in people management.
- MBA degree.
- Experience leading direct and cross-functional teams through multi-year operational transformation with demonstrated impact.
- Experience with process optimization, continuous improvement, scaled support, analytics, and impact measurement.
- Experience in strategy, supply chain, or procurement of contingent workforce solutions.
- Ability to distill, prioritize, and present complex business analysis and recommendations at executive levels.
About the job
As a Head of Solution Design, you will work closely with the Director of Extended Workforce Solutions (xWS) Design and their leads, you will contribute to Alphabet’s strategic workforce plan and the development of its future skills and capabilities in the field of contingent extended workforce.
In this role, you will work with a large cross-functional team that is in charge of translating xWS service offerings into products that product areas can then use. You will be in charge of helping set the strategic direction by creating solutions that will work at scale across Alphabet, to continue to drive efficient ways of working while managing our risks and controlling regulatory compliance items. The xWS Partner Engagement function will bring in the demand, the xWS Risk and Compliance team will set the regulatory landscape and monitor compliance, and you will design centers of excellence to provision the right suppliers for product areas to consume.
- Gather and use data to design solutions at scale for all of Alphabet to encourage and enhance better contingent workforce management and practices.
- Manage large stakeholder groups to ensure alignment across functions prior to launching the implementation of solutions.
- Enhance customer experience when working with xWS throughout the lifecycle of an extended workforce member.
- Lead and develop a high-performing team to support extended workforce cost optimization efforts, ensuring areas of concern are either addressed or appropriately escalated.
- Test different ways of working and create outside of the box solutions that will change the way Alphabet manages the extended workforce space.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form