MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £45,000 to £55,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Up to 15 days flexi/dynamic leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working. This role can be flexible in location and hybrid working pattern, depending on both business need and individual preference.
As a business we've grown significantly in recent years, and we're looking for a Senior Payroll Specialist to work closely with our outsourced payroll provider, HR and Finance teams to run our UK payroll.
You'll combine best practice and technical knowledge to ensure our existing payroll processes are reviewed and improved, with a focus on automation and integration with our HR systems.
What we're looking for from you:
- Day-to-day working with our external payroll provider, HR and Finance teams to ensure the payroll runs efficiently and accurately.
- Ongoing supplier management of payroll provider, review and resolution of any issues.
- Review existing payroll service and arrangements, including compliance and controls, as well as application of improvements.
- Review opportunities to streamline and automate payroll processes from initial instructions through to reporting.
- Liaison with internal and external auditors around pay and delivery of any pay related audit requirements.
- Responsible for payroll related aspects of MBDA UK project activities, including pension projects, automation of payroll instructions, leave management and pay gap reporting.
Your skills and knowledge:
- In-depth payroll knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience of ResourceLink payroll system and Workday, specifically compensation and benefits modules would be desirable
- Experience of payroll process improvement projects
- Proactively keeping up-to-date on any legislative changes and ability to identify risks.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.