Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee Major Incident Manager - ITSM Practitioner
London/Hybrid It’s an exciting time to be at QBE...
We’re going through a period of company-wide transformation and modernisation with the aim of providing the best service to our customers!
Are you ready to make your career at QBE?
We are on the lookout for passionate and diverse ITSM Practitioners to help drive essential ITSM objectives and plans into actions that maximise productivity and performance, contributing to the successful operation of IT within QBE.
Investing in Technology is a big part of our transformation, but it is not all about the tech. It’s the way we think and work every day and our people key to this. Which is why we’re just as focused on investing in you. Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Input to team and own objectives to ensure they reflect operational service delivery priorities and best practice
- Provide information to support definition, and implementation of plans, controls and appropriate MI to manage the ITSM, related third party suppliers, and services under management
- Provide information to help identify service improvement activities as part of the Continuous Service Improvement Plan
- Maintain an awareness of relevant technical and legislative changes
- Contribute to the development and refinement of the ITSM processes ensuring integration with other relevant processes and functions in line with best practice (ITIL v4)
- Support the embedding, and work in line with, the ITSM processes and controls / MI to manage and evidence effectiveness of the processes
- Ensure any relevant ITSM assets are accurately maintained to support the ITSM processes (eg CMDB for configuration & asset management)
- Support development and refinement of an effective knowledge management system (for own team, relevant IT teams, and suppliers)
- Ensuring that all ITSM activities are conducted in line with established policies (eg information security, risk)
- Support continuous improvement through the creation and management of a Continuous Service Improvement Plan for the ITSM
- Build positive, open and constructive relationships with key stakeholders, working in partnership to ensure service delivery meets current and future business needs, managing customer expectations as necessary.
- Support development of a proactive, service-orientated culture within own team, wider IT, and third-party supplier teams
- Promote and act as a role model for ITSM processes to ensure both understanding and value with key stakeholders and the wider organisation
- Positively promote the department and company as a whole, in order to maximise brand leverage and develop team profile
- Management of support teams, and suppliers, and necessary escalations to resolve major incidents
- Developing and maintaining accurate incident information to enable effective decision making and action (eg timeline, action log)
- Clear, timely, and accurate communications to all key parties throughout each Major Incident being managed
- Conducting Major Incident Reviews where required
- Problem Management
- Management, and supporting management, of re-active problems, and undertake analysis to support pro-active problem management
- Management of support teams, and suppliers, and necessary escalations to identify and resolve root cause
- Developing and maintaining accurate problem related information to enable effective decision making and action
- Clear, timely, and accurate communications to all key parties for all problems under management
- Supporting the management of the Forward Schedule of Change (including all IT change, maintenance and release windows, and critical business periods)
- Supporting the management, administration, and running of CAB (as final gating)
- Managing, and supporting resolution, of scheduling conflicts and escalations
- Conducting, and supporting, Change Implementation Reviews where required
- Supporting the Project Managers; helping them to understand the SI components of the PMF
- Working with the GPO to ensure the process remains fit for purpose
- Asset and Configuration Management
- Supporting the definition of CMS and level of information stored within CMDB
- Management of support teams, and suppliers, and necessary escalations to maintain an accurate asset inventory (CIs), and the relationships between them
- Supporting the management of the CMDB and reporting of all CI exceptions and data discrepancies
- Excellent understanding and background of infrastructure and technology environment and management
- Experience, within financial services, preferably commercial insurance and/or reinsurance.
- Demonstrable previous experience within ITSM and related functions
- Demonstrable broad and deep experience of delivering service within a multi-team, complex business environment.
- Experience of supporting service improvement plans.
- Experienced delivering IT services within a multi-vendor environment and complex infrastructure.
- Experience of working with outsourced service partners
We understand that one size doesn’t fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. It’s in the culture of our business, our QBE DNA, to support our people. Everything we do is underpinned by our QBE DNA - because we know it’s not just what we do that matters, it’s how we do it that makes the difference . In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation (https://qbeeurope.com/careers/flex-qbe/) .
Some of the award’s QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include; 5-star Diversity, Equity and inclusion (DEI) awards, 2023 Winner -
Insurance Business Canada Employer of the Year 2022 Winner
- Insurance Insider British Claims Awards 2022 Winner
- InsurTech Award Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner -
Claims Product Solution of the Year Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021
Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022
Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women’s Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent Inclusion of Diversity
We are striving to create a workplace culture where all our people feel included, and we are committed to building a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we operate in.
We know that diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision making, improves the quality of our delivery and helps us to meet the needs of our customers. ESG & Sustainability
At QBE, we believe that integrating sustainability into our business helps us deliver on our purpose of enabling a more resilient future . Our three key focus areas include fostering an orderly and inclusive transition to a net-zero economy, enabling a sustainable and resilient workforce and partnering for growth through innovative, sustainable and impactful solutions. For further information regarding QBE’s sustainability targets, including our net-zero pledges and inclusion of diversity targets, and our award-winning impact investment initiative ‘Premiums4Good’, please visit our Sustainability homepage and read our latest Sustainability Report ( Link ) . About QBE
We can never really predict what’s around the corner, but at QBE we’re asking the right questions to enable a more resilient future - helping those around us build strength and embrace change to their advantage.
We’re an international insurer that’s building momentum towards realising our vision of becoming the most consistent and innovative risk partner.
And our people will be at the centre of our success. We’re proud to work together, and encourage each other enable resilience for our customers, our environment, our economies and our communities.
With more than more than 11,000 people working across 27 countries, we’re big enough to make a real impact, but small enough to provide a friendly workplace, where people are down-to-earth, passionate and kind.
We believe this is our moment - what if it was yours too?
Your career at QBE - let’s make it happen!
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website . What next?
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE’s vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to apply ! Simply click the “apply” button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
Please make the Talent Acquisition aware should there be any reasonable adjustments that may need to be made for the interview and the remainder of the recruitment process. APPLY NOW and let’s make it happen!
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.