- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Candidates will typically have 5 years of experience in program or project management.
- Experience launching Consumer Hardware or Infrastructure products across multiple international markets.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams across engineering, operations, marketing, and sales.
- Solid financial acumen and understanding of P&L.
- Ability to influence, collaborate, and deliver solutions in a complex, changing environment.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills across the organization from working level to executive team.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As a Product Launch Program Manager, you will be the primary interface between Go-To-Market, Engineering, and Operations teams. In this role, you will lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish, working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You will lead the program launch and ensure transition to first-party/third-party Point of Sale within quality, cost, and capacity parameters.
Fitbit’s wide range of innovative products, including smartwatches, trackers, and a smart scale, help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Coupled with our leading software and Fitbit Premium, our immersive platform experience delivers personalized experiences, insights, and guidance to support our users’ health and wellness. Fitbit’s mission has always been to help make everyone in the world healthier and now, as part of Google we’ll be able to make health even more accessible to everyone.
- Lead large, complex, cross-functional program teams (Marketing, Sales, Operations, Engineering, etc.) and external partners to prepare for product launch, on shelf, product lifecycle management, and end of life activities.
- Plan and execute device launch activities in the EMEA Region, and ensure product activities are within cost and customer experience requirements. Ensure successful product launch meets program goals of sales, quality, and margin.
- Facilitate launch Mission Control leading up to launch through the first quarter of Sale, and monitor field performance. Lead root cause analysis and corrective action implementation where appropriate.
- Define and implement tools and processes to ensure efficient communication and collaboration across cross-functional teams.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form