Come be a part of driving National Grid’s digital transformation! We are digital creators, continuous learners and daring innovators. We leverage digital innovative ways to create products and catalyze the transformation of National Grid's business units into more agile and digitally native organizations in our
shared purpose of bringing energy to life. We need you!
The Senior UX Researcher will be responsible for providing a senior role in answers to challenging and often unexplored questions about a product. You will also be responsible for identifying the user's needs, pain-points, and requirements and translating their insights into actionable documents such as user personas, affinity diagrams, mental models and other industry-standard reports. You will lead usability testing of existing products and prototypes, complete competitor analysis, and perform user satisfaction benchmarking.
- Partner with product management, engineering, and business operations teams to provide the best outcomes for our users.
- Lead and create quantitative and qualitative research strategies and design investigations to understand customer behaviours, pain points, needs and aspirations to define the value and scope of new and existing products.
- Provide insights and user requirements and how they map to business outcomes that inform design concepts and product feature values.
- You have experience of, and can help teams adopt, a wide range of user research methods.
- You can plan user research for services with challenging user needs and complex user journeys.
- You can advise colleagues on the choice and application of research methods to assure best practice.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing, enterprise-level digital agency or consulting firm conducting hands-on user research.
- Command over a broad set of quantitative and qualitative user-centred design research methods (i.e., usability testing, concept testing, usability benchmarking, ethnography, longitudinal studies, journey mapping, personas, research roadmaps, diary studies, information architecture methods, etc.)
- Strategic and creative thinker with a data-driven mindset and excellent communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced professional service environment and managing ambiguity, working autonomously, keeping organized, and multitasking.
$106,000.00 – $125,000.00 a year
Please be advised that due to the nature of this position, incumbents are subject to federal Drug & Alcohol safety regulations governing US Department of Transportation ("DOT") covered positions, including the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Pipeline Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA). As such, the Company’s testing programs and policies regarding the use of federally prohibited drugs or alcohol, for recreational or medical purposes, will remain in effect for these safety-sensitive, DOT covered positions.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.