Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent practical experience.
- Candidates will typically have 1 year of experience in technical program management.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in the Wireless industry, including modem/telephony, radio systems, antenna design, wireless communications, cellular network infrastructure, radio access network technologies (2G/3G/4G/5G), Carriers and Carrier certification, and industry standards PTCRB and GCF.
- Experience shipping/landing product launches repeatedly.
- Experience in product development, such as engineering program management, technical program management, hardware engineering, software integration, NPI/manufacturing, or consumer electronics product launch readiness.
- Working knowledge of Android or other mobile OS, software release management, and related process standards.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Google is an engineering company at heart. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, social to local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders for Pixel devices in any technical matter. Support and drive the EMEA team to deliver/launch/land great connected devices and report project status, prioritize tasks, and drive issue resolution to completion.
- Generate and maintain compliance matrix documents and test plans for wireless devices.
- Analyze new network features and gather operator requirements to provide guidance and feedback to Engineering and Product Managers.
- Report project status, prioritize tasks, analyze issues and logs, and drive them to resolution together with Hardware and Software Engineering teams.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form