- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in managing Software Engineering teams (e.g., mentoring software engineers, setting technical direction).
- Experience with the Android platform and ecosystem.
- Experience programming in C++ and Java.
- Experience in Java and Android.
- Experience in fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion within teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Excellent cross-functional and organizational communication skills (e.g., with engineering leaders, product managers, and designers).
- Strong interest in Android OS and Android Framework components.
About the job
Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
As part of the Embedded Web On Android team, you will help to enrich Android with a thriving Web. In this role, you will focus on WebView, on the Android Platform.
Android is Google’s open-source mobile operating system powering more than 3 billion devices worldwide. Android is about bringing computing to everyone in the world. We believe computing is a super power for good, enabling access to information, economic opportunity, productivity, connectivity between friends and family and more. We think everyone in the world should have access to the best computing has to offer. We provide the platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and developers to build compelling computing devices (smartphones, tablets, TVs, wearables, etc) that run the best apps/services for everyone in the world.
- Drive cross-team alignment on priorities and own the road map for the team moving forward.
- Manage collaboration with multiple support teams, driving their priorities as well as those of their direct reports.
- Discuss with teams outside of the direct organization, finding a path forward when high-level goals might not align.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form