R&D Tax Manager - Financial Services
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY’s Global Grants, Credits and Incentives team is a highly successfulteam incorporating tax and engineering specialists who work across a variety of high-profile clients (FTSE 100 and 250 multinational companies to fast-growing tech start-ups). Within the wider team we operate a highly specialised team focused in providing R&D incentives support to companies within the Financial Services sector. The opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity for an established Tax professional to develop their career as an R&D Tax Manager for the financial services sector.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Manager with a broad range of Corporate Tax experience including experience in handling HMRC enquiries who is looking to move into a specialism and bring their wider skill set to the team. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Project managing the delivery of a caseload of R&D claims covering a range of businesses from small to very large and complex.
- Undertaking detailed tax analysis of risks related to R&D claims based on wider tax knowledge and experience of legislation review.
- Review of tax computations and implications for R&D.
- Understanding client data and developing appropriate methodologies for preparation of R&D claims.
- Providing coaching and training to junior team members.
- Involvement in business development, identifying and winning new opportunities.
- Assisting in engaging with HMRC to conclude R&D questions.
What we offer
- Corporation Tax compliance/audit experience, 5 years +
- Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax Advisor preferred.
- Experience in the Financial Services sector would be beneficial.
- Experience in R&D claims would be helpful but full training can be provided.
- Ability to pick-up new technologies quickly, and be comfortable learning new skills as technology for preparing claims continues to evolve.
- Strong writing skills and good attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and confidence in public speaking.
- Highly motivated self-starter, with a proven track record in taking initiatives, whilst also having a collaborative and team building attitude
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build. Apply now.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.