The Global Compensation Services (GCS) team
PAS Global Compensation Services (GCS) is a rapidly growing and diverse team, that manages high-profile, time-sensitive, compliance-driven services for a wide range of multinational companies, each with a globally mobile workforce (assignees, business travellers and other agile workers). The GCS team capture and analyses compensation data from multiple sources to deliver highly effective compensation management to our clients and help them achieve full policy and tax compliance.
The GCS team provides specialist global payroll solutions for clients to help them mitigate their risks for mobile employees such as, but not limited to:
- Compensation data collection and analysis for tax and social security compliance
- Support with ex-pat payroll management, by leveraging our cutting-edge technology solutions
- UK expatriate payroll delivery, including modified Appx 6 /NI Only/ Appx 8/ Appx 5 FTC schemes
- Performing payroll data validations, including variance analysis to identify high-risk areas for clients
- Monitoring adherence to internal global mobility policies
- Total cost reporting and advising clients on potential cost savings
In addition, the team provide advisory, project and ad hoc services such as:
- Implementing new systems and processes
- • Fully managing end-to-end projects for clients, from identification of issue(s) through to delivery
- • Creating market-leading solutions for increased global compliance
- • Liaising with all stakeholders and 3rd parties to ensure a smooth process for clients
- • Providing ad hoc payroll advisory and compliance insight and services based on our expertise
The GCS team in EY is the market leader for services of this kind, providing outstanding levels of service and continually supporting our clients to innovate and enhance their global mobility payroll processes. Our strategic objective is to continue and accelerate our growth in the marketplace, through leveraging our outstanding technology solutions and already strong, growing client portfolio.
The team you will join and work with is comprised of subject matter experts with diverse backgrounds and experience, who all are focused on delivering the highest quality service possible. As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of global clients, with exposure to challenging and interesting projects. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to work on and lead a vast array of non-client roles, connecting with colleagues globally both inside and outside EY. Roles & Responsibilities
As a Manager in GCS, you will play a pivotal role in everything we do as set out in the GCS team description. Your aim will be to learn what we do for each client through their mobility lifecycle with a focus on assignee compensation, and as part of this, you will be expected to:
- Build, own, and maintain excellent relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service.
- Lead successful delivery of client projects, ensuring technical excellence.
- Own the delivery of the end-to-end monthly GCS and payroll processes, including collecting, processing and distributing data and payroll instructions. Ensure that payrolls are processed accurately and RTI submissions are made each pay period in line with agreed deadlines.
- Manage the relationship with EY colleagues in overseas offices for the completion of deliverables that require multi-disciplinary skills. Own these relationships with both EY country teams and the client/3rd party teams.
- Ensure data analytics are used to provide insight to our clients and help with their mobility programme decisions
- • Lead on client retention, winning new work and other marketing initiatives.
- • Create innovative technology solutions for clients that keep the GCS team at the forefront of the market.
- • Identify improvement/automation opportunities for processes to improve our efficiency and reduce risk.
- • Drive the monthly payroll process from start to finish, ensuring the team collect, processes and distributes data via multiple reports.
- • Compare client deliverables against actual payments and escalate inconsistencies to appropriate stakeholders
- • Ensure delivery of accurate Year End reporting information and required reconciliations
- • Overall accountability for adherence to EY Quality Risk Management procedures and responsibility for file management
- • Be an EY software & technology expert to facilitate the preparation of numerous reports and documents, e.g., request updates from the software team to meet changes required by clients
- • Identify areas of risk or scope opportunity and escalate to senior management level
- • Responsible for delivery in line with agreed KPIs/SLAs
- • Provide coaching/mentoring to junior team members to support their growth and development
What working at EY offers
- Educated to Degree level (or higher)
- • Prior extensive experience in working with a client-focused approach
- • Strong experience of managing complex datasets, ideally relating to compensation data for mobile employees, or willingness to learn
- • Strong understanding of UK payroll compliance including RTI, Apprenticeship Levy, Employment Allowance, EPS, and FPS requirements
- • Expatriate tax technical knowledge including expatriate reliefs such as Temporary Workplace Relief, Overseas Workdays Relief, Home Leave, relocation, bonus sourcing etc
- • Experience in managing multiple and large client payroll processing
- • Ability to self-manage day-to-day responsibilities
- • Extensive experience in managing diverse teams, who work remotely
- • Ability to manage upwards, presenting complex and challenging information to senior leaders
- • Detailed risk management and mitigation experience
- • Proactive approach to identifying issues and finding effective solutions
- • Ability to adopt a team approach and build rapport with both the client team and internal colleagues
- • A willingness to continuously learn and develop technical knowledge
- • Previous experience of working in global compensation/expatriate management
- • Languages are desirable but not essential
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings, and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. In addition, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you are excited about what you’ve read about us, our ambition, and the role, please get in contact today, we would love to hear from you. Join us in building a better working world.