- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science,
a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Candidates will typically have 8 years of experience in product design or UX.
- Experience managing and mentoring design teams.
- Experience working on consumer products.
- Experience designing for the health and fitness industries.
- Expertise in developing interaction design and design systems for Android and other operating system platforms.
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s UX leaders help define and drive the future of Google design. They create and clarify product strategy, conceptualize UX ecosystems in ways that mitigate complexity, and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. They possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. You are a thoughtful team leader, manager, systems-level design thinker, and visionary - with strong instincts and outstanding intuition informed by user needs and insights. You'll be responsible for guiding the careers of your team members, working closely with each of them to help them realize their full potential.
UX Design Managers are fierce advocates for the people who use our products as well as the members of their teams. They have a practiced eye for effective design, and are committed to creating elegantly simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows.
In this role, you’ll take the time to understand not just the execution side of UX, but also the business aspects of the products we build. You’ll collaborate with leaders of other UX, Engineering, and Product Management teams to create innovative experiences across all of Google’s products, leveraging your passion for brand, craft, and design quality.
Fitbit’s wide range of innovative products, including smartwatches, trackers, and a smart scale, help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Coupled with our leading software and Fitbit Premium, our immersive platform experience delivers personalized experiences, insights, and guidance to support our users’ health and wellness. Fitbit’s mission has always been to help make everyone in the world healthier and now, as part of Google we’ll be able to make health even more accessible to everyone.
- Design and validate experiences to support users at the beginning of their journey with Fitbit, through helping them define and work towards their personal health goals and beyond.
- Work closely with cross-functional peers and partners to craft consistent and connected user experiences across Fitbit's mobile product surfaces.
- Support the entire UX lifecycle from discovery, through UXR validation, to enable engineering implementation with production of appropriate fidelity design specification.
- Contribute to the wider UX team culture in EMEA, through participation in UX Critiques, Workshops, and Sprints as we evolve our process and practice.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form