MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £64,000 - £68,000
depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working – such as 2 to 3 days on site and the remainder remote, this will depend upon the particular project being worked on.The opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced Network DevOps Specialist to support the Network Operations and Security Operations Centre teams, developing new processes, optimising those already in production and supporting ad hoc requirements from other IT teams as required.
For the Network Operations team, you will be responsible for scripting network connectivity to new server host installations within our ACI environments, creating specific on-boarding or configuration templates and API's for our DNA Centre installations.
For the Security Operations Centre (SOC) you will support alert tuning, back-end system refresh, playbook scripting and fault finding, as well as performing security tool software upgrades and configuring Security Information Event Management (SIEM) log ingestion.
You must be willing to undergo Security Clearance and be able to achieve Developed Vetting (DV).What we're looking for from you:
- A team player with a can-do attitude who can pro-actively contribute to the continual collaboration between the operations teams.
- Strong coding and scripting background (e.g. PowerShell, Python, Regex, Ansible, Postman…)
- Experience working with APIs, including HTTP headers and responses, JSON Objects.
- Proven experience with proxy server administration and configuration, including Cloud APIs.
- Active Directory and LDAP authentication.
- Experience with VMware or Hyper-V virtual environments.
- Supporting the SOC and Network Security Operations teams, being as efficient as possible in ingesting relevant security logs with respect to visibility around security use cases and optimisation of toolsets.
- A dedicated individual who is passionate about keeping abreast of relevant emerging developments and technologies, with a strong drive for business improvement.
What's in it for you?
This is a great time to join the MBDA UK Network Operations and SOC teams, during a period of rapid evolution and expansion. New capabilities are being implemented and tested to ensure a robust UK Defence capability exists to counter the threats. This will require being hands-on with the technologies to assist analysts and outsource supplier teams to get the best from the toolsets and solutions in use.
There will be opportunity to work with senior cyber analysts in their research and development of security tools and capability to ensure the best fit for our environments.Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant to be a British Citizen and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.