- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in facilities management or operations management, including facility, operations, technical, and team management
- Experience managing mission critical facilities portfolio
- Master's degree in Engineering or a related field
- Experience collaborating with other business units to meet company goals and standards
- Experience managing a mission critical facilities portfolio or operations
- Understanding of the operations and maintenance of electrical systems in a data center environment
- Excellent people management and leadership skills, with the ability to influence at all levels, and develop and grow team members through mentoring and training
About the job
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and HVAC systems in the world. Facility Technicians at Google data centers operate, monitor and support physical facilities conditions. Some duties will include heating and cooling of air and water, power supply, generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution and control and monitoring systems. You regularly help inspect, maintain and repair various data center systems such as piping and non-critical electrical or mechanical system components). You'll provide daily assistance to senior technicians as you read blueprints/schematics, conduct tours of systems and assess their working order.
You will develop creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving overall data center efficiency. You ensure that environmental and safety standards are consistently met, identifying problems and making repairs quickly In emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you manage data center performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures.
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical and HVAC systems in the world. We are a diverse, upbeat, creative, team-oriented group of engineers committed to building and operating powerful data centers.
- Implement and drive the safety culture at the site. Plan and execute campus operational budgets, expense forecasting, and manage established budgets
- Create a strategy for cost effective operations focused on total cost of ownership
- Meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with internal teams on uptime, efficiencies, and cost
- Set strategy and plan deployments across the site. Manage the integration of strategy and execution with internal and external business partners
- Lead and grow a team in data center operations
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form