MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.
Salary: up to £55,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking, and gym
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Hybrid working pattern: Predominately on-site
We have an opportunity for a Simulation & Modelling Engineer to join us working in a team who develop and maintain performance models to evaluate and prove sophisticated missile and weapon systems. Our department has responsibility for model development and maintenance in the following domains:
- Management of performance models and studies
- Mathematical modelling of high performance, dynamic systems (including sub system components and system environment)
- Verification and validation
Models include initial feasibility and concept proving studies, design development and trade-off studies, ground testing (including hardware testing and trials programmes), and post-trials analysis for detailed trial evaluation.
Simulation & Modelling engineers in our team develop aspects of the performance model to support key programmes within MBDA including their design, implementation, test, reviews and supporting documentation as well as maintaining appropriate design records, ensuring compliance with appropriate quality standards.
We are a highly autonomous team and act as a point of contact for Simulation and Modelling's interactions with the other project teams e.g. Guidance Navigation & Control, Software, Hardware-in-the-Loop, Systems Design & Validation and Technical Quality.
We ensure integration and verification of model components from external suppliers and perform technical analyses and investigations into a full range of issues and problems, preparing and developing solutions either individually or as a member of a project team.
We engage with the model users, understand and respond to their needs and ensure that the model is fit for its intended use.
What we're looking for from you:
- A good understanding of simulation environments (e.g. MATLAB and Simulink, or similar) and programming languages (e.g. FORTRAN, C/C++).
- Understanding of change and configuration control processes is considered an advantage (e.g. Rational Team Concert).
- Ability to identify and solve sophisticated problems and gather the information needed to drive through to ultimate solutions.
- Ability to visualise and analyse complex systems.
- practical knowledge of basic systems engineering principles and processes.
What's in it for you?
As well as gaining in-depth knowledge of the design and functionality of MBDA's complex weapon systems through model development work, this role will give you in-depth exposure to the Modelling tools and process (such as MATLAB/SIMULINK) and the opportunity to develop relevant skills and apply them in developing large scale models to support MBDA's portfolio of complex guided weapons products.
Join a great team!
We're a growing department with opportunities to work across a range of interesting projects. The team is vibrant and hard-working and have a strong and successful track record in achieving project breakthroughs.
Our department is well known for developing new and innovative ways of working to enhance existing products and develop new ones.
As an international team, we have a lot of opportunity for sharing knowledge across sites and there is potential for international mobility.
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.