- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working as a Technical Sales Engineer in a cloud computing environment, or equivalent experience in a customer or partner-facing role.
- Experience working with public sector organizations.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time as required.
- Experience with data and information management and how it relates to big data trends and challenges within businesses, and experience in using or managing databases.
- Experience working with Linux and with software lifecycle and build tools.
- Experience in architecting and developing solutions for scalable, distributed systems.
- Knowledge of enterprise networking and identity management systems. Knowledge of PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, public cloud, and industry concepts.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud technology space.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Partner Sales Engineer, you'll use your leadership and knowledge of product management, industries, software, and cloud computing to design solutions and take them to market.
From startups building their first app to billion-user consumer companies crunching big data, the Google Cloud Platform gives developers and businesses the most advanced data and analytics solution on the market, along with Google's secure, high performance infrastructure. Our team of technical account managers and software engineers work with partners across all functions to develop solutions that harness Google's planet-wide platform to solve the world's most challenging problems.
- Work with Partner Managers to identify and recruit partners in the market that can deliver innovative solutions to our customers, built on top of Google Cloud.
- Develop our partners’ technical teams with both sales and technical competencies, so that they can be successful in the market.
- Keep partners up-to-date with product and technical knowledge and market differentiators. Advise on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution.
- Work with partner technical representatives in opportunities and projects, complementing their skill and guaranteeing high quality customer deliverables.
- Act as a technical advocate within Google for our partners in order to help provide feedback from the field, as well as to present on their behalf.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form