- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with mission critical facilities.
- Experience in program management, project management, or process improvement.
- Experience managing projects with multiple players across cross-functional teams.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with bidding, designing, and the operating and commissioning of electrical distribution systems, from high voltage (HV) transformers to branch circuits.
- Experience with power system analysis and engineering software packages.
- Knowledge of mechanical and control systems.
About the job
Our thirst for technology is a part of everything we do. The Data Center Engineering team takes the physical design of our data centers into the future. Our lab mirrors a research and development department -- cutting-edge strategies are born, tested and tested again. Along with a team of great minds, you take on complex topics like how we use power or how to run state-of-the-art, environmentally-friendly facilities. You're a visionary who optimizes for efficiencies and never stops seeking improvements -- even small changes that can make a huge impact. You generate ideas, communicate recommendations to senior-level executives and drive implementation alongside facilities technicians.
With your technical expertise, you ensure compliance with codes and standards, develop infrastructure improvements and serve as an expert in your specialty (e.g., cooling, electrical).
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Resolve complex Electrical Engineering problems partnering with various teams, including the Central Engineering team.
- Collaborate with core team to develop data center electrical designs, from starting Basis of Design (BOD) to Issue for Constructions (IFC), for new data center project build-outs and infrastructure upgrades.
- Manage all power system issues during concept design, detailed design, procurement, bidding, manufacturing, delivery, and installation on site. Identify and resolve issues raised by cross-functional teams and various external stakeholders.
- Update and maintain the internal design specifications, drawings, and standards in accordance with the latest configurations.
- Generate the scope of work for the equipment portions of infrastructure upgrades based on project needs, and work with internal teams to update and document the configuration as it evolves.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form