- Experience in graphics driver development.
- Experience coding in C and C++.
- Experience in Unix/Linux environments and embedded Linux.
- Experience in technical leadership, leading project teams, and setting technical direction.
- Experience in Mobile GPU and/or GPU programming.
Knowledge of one or more of the following: graphics driver platform integration (e.g., kernel drivers), and GPU power management software.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop and build out our trace in consumer hardware/software. You will create gaming experiences, contribute to smooth user interfaces, accelerate interactive viewfinders for the latest in camera image enhancement, specify, build, and launch mobile devices in line with Google objectives, and lay the low-level groundwork across the company.
Google is an engineering company at heart. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, social to local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Develop GPU graphics and compute technologies spanning the full GPU software stack.
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to define the role and requirements of the GPU in future product designs.
- Advise Android and Pixel leadership on performance and feature opportunities in graphics software, and scope solutions with partner teams.
- Manage and support members of the team and lead them technically in their personal development.
- Develop general solutions to problems, minimizing applications or device-specific workarounds to serve users of all Pixel devices.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy
and EEO is the Law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form