ASSET & WEALTH MANAGEMENT
We provide institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today’s dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world’s leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices. Our Asset & Wealth Management business also invests in corporate equity and corporate debt, real estate equity, and real estate debt and infrastructure worldwide. Additionally, we provide asset management services to investments where Goldman Sachs has an interest. Consisting of hundreds of professionals in multiple offices around the world, our business operates on a global platform. GLOBAL RISK MANAGEMENT
The Global Risk Management team is uniquely positioned within the firm being part of Goldman Sachs Asset Management. Our global fund complex and separately managed account portfolios cover a wide range of assets classes, global markets and strategies and is a strategic growth area for the firm. The team is responsible for independent oversight and risk governance covering all elements of risks including operational risk, market risk, liquidity risk, counterparty risk, sustainability risk as well as risk governance and oversight of dedicated regulated legal entities via designated CRO roles. Additionally, the EMEA AM Private business transferred into GSAMI in 2023 providing exposure to the alternative asset class risk profile via involvement with this entity.
The team regularly interacts with a wide range of teams across Goldman Sachs Asset Management including portfolio managers, embedded risk managers, and various groups that cover Goldman Sachs Asset Management, including Operations, Engineering, Legal, Compliance, the Risk Division and Controllers in order to effectively monitor risk and continually improve upon our risk governance framework. The team is also responsible for risk monitoring and regulatory reporting for the global fund complex. OVERVIEW OF ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
This role will provide a broad exposure to a range of Asset Management (Public and Private) risk topics, the opportunity to engage heavily with the AM Public business in terms of understanding and mitigation of operational risks, and in-depth exposure to the CRO function of a UK regulated asset manager. There will also be exposure to a wider range of risk topics in contributing to the delivery of the risk oversight function for GSAMI, including market risk and sustainability risks.
- Providing oversight for operational and enterprise within GSAMI and the broader Asset Management business
- Obtain exposure to market, liquidity, counterparty and sustainability risks within the asset management business including the associated risk governance processes
- Facilitating various governance forums, such as the GSAMI Risk Committee, and submissions to Regulators and Boards
- Interacting directly with senior management and Boards to ensure that our risk governance oversight is understood, that material risks are effectively escalated, and governance items appropriately remediated.
- Engaging with portfolio managers, traders, distribution and product development teams covering a broad range of asset classes, global markets and strategies on topics including risk governance threshold breaches, performance drivers, and most notably, changes in risk profile and strategies
- Leading projects and initiatives, along with our dedicated Strat and IT teams, to implement new risk tooling, measures and analytics to meet internal and regulatory requirements
- Engaging with clients to provide information around Goldman Sachs Asset Management’s risk management culture and risk governance frameworks as part of client pitches or in periodic due diligence meetings
We are looking for an individual who has strong expertise across a broad range of risk and control topics, with experience around regulated legal entities, operational risk topics and enterprise risk being preferable. You will posses strong personal impact, communication skills and analytical and problem-solving capabilities to interact effectively across a broad cross section of senior business stakeholders across Goldman Sachs Asset Management, in addition to excellent attention to detail in assisting with the facilitation of various governance forums and submission to Regulators and Boards.
Ideally you will have a track record of operating at VP level (or equivalent), although an exceptional Senior Associate with the appropriate level of interpersonal impact will also be considered.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- 4-8 years of experience in risk management or similar role in the financial industry, including development of understanding across a broad range of risk and control topics that can be demonstrated. with experience around regulated legal entities, operational risk topics and enterprise risk being preferable;
- Product and risk metric knowledge across a range of asset classes, and keen engagement with financial markets;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capability in order to contribute to risk mitigation across the Asset Management business and operating platform;
- Highly organized, with attention to detail and proven track record of execution and delivery, both as an individual and as part of a team, which can be demonstrated ;
- Excellent team management and interpersonal skills and the ability to forge strong relationships with internal clients;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence a range of senior stakeholders, including exposure to governance for a
- Inquisitive mindset: to seek deeper understanding of business and operating processes, complex portfolio and product offerings and their associated processes and risks;
- Strong system capability with the ability to quickly learn and interact with a range of GS Firm systems and tools.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity