The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high‐net‐worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Bengaluru and other major financial centers around the world.
We are currently seeking candidates for Market Risk Capital - Risk Engineering in London.
Risk Engineering (“RE”), which is part of the Risk Division, is a central part of the Goldman Sachs risk management framework, with primary responsibility to provide robust metrics, data-driven insights, and effective technologies for risk management. RE is staffed globally with offices including New York, Dallas, Salt Lake City, London, Warsaw, Bengaluru, Singapore, and Tokyo. The Market Risk Capital group in RE is a multidisciplinary group of quantitative and analytics experts focusing on market risk and capital measures. The group is primarily responsible for reviewing, publishing, interpreting, and communicating the firm’s independent and authoritative risk and capital measures, with additional responsibilities in developing, implementing, and maintaining a range of models and quantitative tools.
The responsibilities will include:
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Understand financial risk by analyzing pricing, risk and capital model outputs to evaluate, explain and justify features observed in the firm’s market risk data
- Enhance and manage processes that quantify, review, explain and convey insight for risk and capital measures for a large, diverse set of financial products or activities across the firm. This involves developing and maintaining tools to understand risk & capital metrics at varying levels of aggregation across the firm
- Provide quantitative and qualitative risk analysis, including the use of risk modeling tools to help estimate financial risk of the firm’s transactions
- Streamline and automate risk analysis and reporting to enhance the firm’s metric accuracy, timeliness, and availability for stakeholders within and outside of the Risk Division
- Develop, test, and integrate new/enhanced workflows and write/maintain corresponding documentation
- Perform anomaly detection on large data sets, investigate root cause, and recommend corrective actions
- Liaise with groups such as Modelers/Strats, Engineers, Controllers, and Business to understand and explain observations in risk data
- Build and maintain a comprehensive set of reports and presentations for market risk capital for reporting to regulators, internal risk committees and senior leadership across Risk, Controllers, and the Business
- Communicate complex ideas with internal/external stakeholders such as risk managers, market making businesses, technology, and senior management.
The role is ideal for collaborative individuals who have sound technical skills, financial risk acumen, strong ethics, and attention to detail. Whether market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical insights and engaging with the firm’s regulators, the role gives you a holistic experience of being a risk management professional.OPPORTUNITIES
In performing the job function, you will have the following opportunities:
SKILLS AND RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
- Broad exposure to risk and capital models for a variety of financial products
- Development of quantitative and programming skills as well as product and market knowledge
- Work in a dynamic and highly creative team construct and consensus-orientated environment
- Exposure to industry leading market data, pricing, risk & capital models for all activities that the firm engages in across divisions
- Exposure to challenging quantitative problems such as modeling risks for complex financial products and advanced analysis/approximation techniques for risk measurement
- Exposure to large volumes of data (a.k.a ‘Big Data’) and the tools & techniques to interact with, and make meaningful interpretations from such data
- Development of quantitative and programming skills
- Development of knowledge in economics, financial products, and markets
- Engagements in critical internal risk management activities, and report risk metrics/analysis to both internal and external governing bodies
- Opportunities to collaborate with senior members of the firm and a wide variety of groups across all areas of the firm
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Preferred Master’s Degree in Business or in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, or Engineering
- Experience with, or keen interest to develop expertise in pricing, risk, and capital models
- Experience with, or keen interest to develop expertise in financial markets & economics
- Practical knowledge of mathematics and numerical algorithms, including statistics and time series analysis
- Experience with, or keen interest to develop expertise in programming and dashboarding skills with languages/tools such as Python and Tableau
- Experience with, or keen interest to develop expertise in development of risk analytics, interpretation & productivity tools for insights into risk & capital metric data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial, creative, self-motivated, and team-orientated
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital, and ideas to help our clients, shareholders, and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We are committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We are committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process.
Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity