Global Banking & Markets - Public
We sit in the Global Banking & Markets - Public (GBM) where GS clients buy and sell financial products in every asset class and region, raise funding, and manage risk.
We help key stakeholders to understand some of the biggest and most complex clients of the firm. Working closely with sales, trading, strats, and other divisions of the firm, we dig into business opportunities, client strategy and data to help deliver the best of GS to our clients.RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Transaction Management and Monitoring (TMM) team is a business unit within the Global Banking & Markets division, primarily working with the Asset Financing & Trading and Investment Banking groups across EMEA & APAC.
The team is a multi-faceted diligence and asset management platform specialising in whole loan acquisition, sales, securitizations, and financing opportunities. The TMM team has product expertise across mortgages, consumer loans, real estate/warehouse financing.
TMM is seeking a Vice President to join their asset management function in London and focus on the monitoring of EMEA development loans. This person will be primarily responsible for managing the risk of financings backed by construction / development projects but also other Commercial Real Estate loans across all asset classes including: hotel, office, retail, data centre, industrial, and multifamily. Responsibilities
- Manage a large portfolio of projects simultaneously across multiple project types and jurisdictions.
- Visit sites on a regular basis and meet with the development team to discuss progress and timing along with potential risks.
- Challenge borrower and development team on budget, timing, contracts, insurances, operating partners.
- Evaluate and monitor risks in underlying construction project by reviewing technical data to identify potential construction risks and impact on financings (Cost Overrun, covenants, default…).
- Review and approve construction monitoring reports and loan utilisation requests for adequacy, potential issues and to verify there are sufficient funds remaining in the budget to complete the project.
- Provide regular project updates to investment and asset management teams and reporting on the performance of operating partners. Present to committee assessment of deal performance and possible issues.
- Potential to expand responsibilities to perform Asset Management duties for other financing types such as acquisition loans, warehouse facilities, NPL, Loan-on-Loan.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience gained at a construction management consulting company, project monitor, real-estate developer, real-estate investment fund, etc.
- BSc Degree in engineering, architecture, building surveying, quantity surveying or related field.
- Ideally qualified as a Chartered Building/Quantity Surveyor.
- Preferably having experience of undertaking Project Monitoring services for large construction projects/developments across a variety of sectors within the UK.
- Possess excellent time management / organizational skills with a keen eye toward attention to detail; must have ability to handle a high-stress, fast-paced environment, and aggressive deadlines with minimum supervision; successfully meet established project requirements and deadlines; must have ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Strong ability to organize, analyse and interpret legal and compliance related materials.
- Independent thinker who will be proactive, vocal and professional in dealings with internal/external clients, third-party vendor partners, internal teams, and senior managers; be able to work at the detail level while managing account relationships.
- Must have ability to travel and work extended hours (and occasional weekends) as needed.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity