MBDA is a leading defence organisation that is proud to support our Armed Forces in protecting our nations. We collaborate with governments to achieve a shared goal of defending our freedom.
Salary: Up to £52,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Hybrid working pattern: typically this role might average 3 days per week on site
Looking for your next challenge? Join MBDA, an industry leader in electronic weapon system development, as an Equipment Requirement Authority (ERA) for the Surface Launched Brimstone programme!
The ERAs will contribute to immediate delivery of solutions in support of an export customer operating in the land domain.
As an ERA, you'll be reporting to the Weapon System Equipment Design Lead, ensuring compliance with hosting platform interfaces, and overseeing the technical validation of electronic equipment through rigorous testing and analysis. In this role, you'll manage work packages from pre-contract bidding to on-contract completion, working closely with national and international design authorities and customers.
You'll be part of a team that covers the entire design lifecycle, from Concept to In-service. This role is not only about delivering solutions but also about driving transformation, personal growth, and expanding influence over our products.
What we're looking for from you:
- Knowledge and understanding of electronics design for computing applications and networking technologies.
- Knowledge of high integrity hardware is advantageous.
Someone who can showcase their ability in the following areas:
1. Technical Management: Successfully leading the technical status and progression of assigned work packages, which includes pre-contract bidding, on-contract milestone completion, and conducting complementary MBDA funded research and development.
2. Electronic Equipment Solutions: Collaborating closely with national and international customers to deliver innovative electronic equipment solutions. This involves developing domain-specific requirements and producing interface definitions.
3. Verification and Validation: Developing comprehensive strategies for verifying and validating the electrical, mechanical, software, and transversal properties of a system or subsystem.
4. System Certification Support: Working alongside the Equipment Design Authority, providing assurance evidence for the Electronic Subsystems to facilitate system-level certification of the Weapon System for trials or delivery.
5. Technical Information Exchange: Facilitating the seamless exchange of technical information from the Equipment Design Authority and assessing it against the emerging requirement specifications as necessary
This opportunity is ideal for professionals looking to gain experience in a highly technical environment and seeking career advancement!
We value new perspectives, collaboration, and diversity. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.