MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary
: Circa £46,000
depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more!
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 2-3 days on site per week and the rest remote working.The opportunity:
Help to craft the future of the UK Complex Weapons portfolio (from missiles to lasers!) by addressing UK military capability concerns and advancing new opportunities. You will lead or support technical studies and experiments that will explore exciting new Complex Weapon capabilities and technical innovations at an early stage in their conception – advising the UK MOD of the new ‘art of the possible'.
You will help to tailor and deliver technical studies to address customer requirements and ensure the studies provide the necessary output evidence the customer needs to make an informed decision. Part of your role will be responsible for the successful prioritising, planning and conduct of £100k+ technical studies and support larger studies as part of a cross company team.
Study and experimentation aspects may include understanding Complex Weapon capability shortfalls versus customer requirements, weapon performance assessments, Performance-Cost-Time trade off analysis, weapon concept generation, weapon concept assessment, option ranking.
There will be opportunities for you to use your creative side to generate innovative concepts or patent ideas that will influence the future Complex Weapon landscape.
The role requires good verbal and written communication skills, the ability to engage with subject matter experts from around across a large company and draw clear conclusions from large amounts of information. You will be contributing to continuous improvement and recommending ways to implement best practise in the team or wider company processes.
There will be opportunities for involvement in multi-national studies and occasional European business travel may be required.What we're looking for from you:
- Degree or other academic qualifications in a relevant technical or analytical discipline or relevant experience
- Technical understanding of weapon systems, or demonstrable experience in another industry with technically complex products
- Experience working in the early life-cycle of programmes, where requirements and candidate solutions will be immature
- Scoping and conducting technical studies, capability analysis and experiments. (Operational Analysis background desirable)
- Writing technical reports, analysing technical findings, presenting results
- Working as part of a team and optimally drawing on specialist technical expertise from within the wider MBDA organisation
- A team player who is good at problem solving with strong communication skills
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.