BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
We are looking for a Procurement professional to lead and manage the procurement activity for strategic bids/projects in support of business winning and growth. Working on a hybrid working arrangement the ideal candidate will reside close to Guildford/London as will be required to come to the office a couple of times per week in line with business requirementsCore Duties
- Manage subcontract activities in conjunction with Commercial, project and technical teams including: subcontract construct; contract negotiation; and, contract implementation, ensuring robust handshake to the Procurement Delivery Team as appropriate for ongoing through-life or in-contract delivery.
- Develop and implement supplier and third party bid winning/support strategy; ensuring that critical supplier relationships are cultivated, developed and maintained so as to allow the business to fully meet customer current and future needs.
- Manage and influence internal and external stakeholder relationships to ensure the Procurement bid service provision:
- Meets the governance requirements of the business and our customers.
- Provides competitive advantage by applying market knowledge and commercial acumen to drive value and innovation, decrease risk and support CSR targets through the supply chain.
- Use relationships, business agreements (including teaming and partner arrangements) and ethical trading knowledge to influence and drive the supply chain to add value, contribute to the company strategy and increase PWIN.
- Manage flow down of terms from Customer contract to the supply chain in order to protect BAE Systems' position.
- Drives a continuous improvement philosophy through the supply chain; keeping Digital Intelligence ahead of the game in terms of customer offerings.
- Achieves the required service level as agreed with internal stakeholders.
- Support the development and implementation of procurement strategy, governance and innovative change programmes, ensuring consistency and effective improvement in procurement services, embedding a culture of continuous improvement and the sharing of best practices.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Company systems, risk and supplier management tools.
- Lead opportunity activities to maximise contract effectiveness and value contribution/ savings.
- Identification, assessment and management of subcontracted risk in support of associated bids/campaigns.
- Enable open communication with suppliers to encourage collaboration and innovation where appropriate.
What we're looking for
- Responsible for representing Procurement in assigned major bids containing third party spend, ensuring a compliant process.
- Maintain effective communications and develop appropriate relationships with internal and external stakeholders and become an advocate for Procurement.
- Responsible for discharging an agreed workload, working within procurement policy, ensuring priorities are managed and issues are escalated when outside of your sphere of control
- The role holder is responsible for taking reasonable care of their own health and safety ensuring high standards for safety, health and environment (SHE) in our organisation are maintained. This includes; co-operating and following all reasonable instruction, information and training; reporting work-related hazards or incidents and using all equipment for the purpose intended. More detailed responsibilities are captured within the Company Health & Safety Policy (759/OF/016) and the Company Environmental Policy (759/OF/029).
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Will have significant experience working within a procurement and/or similar environment
- Possess a high standard of Procurement competence in key areas of sourcing, process knowledge, contracting skills and supplier management.
- Excellent project management skills, product awareness, commercial acumen, financial awareness, risk and opportunity management
- Good understanding of external environment and relevant market intelligence
- Demonstrate exemplary business acumen.
- Excellent cross functional stakeholder management skills, ability to build, grow and influence networks across sector, to support collaborative working.
- Ability to synthesise data to identify root cause and inform robust business decisions.
- Utilise creativity to solve complex problems
- Accuracy and attention to detail when reviewing team deliverables and the ability to provide constructive feedback.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that support collaborative stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent negotiation skills that drive positive business outcomes and ability to influence at all levels.
- Have CIPS L5 qualification, IACCM or equivalent standard.
- Must either hold SC or be a UK national eligible to obtain necessary clearance
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.Division overview: Functions
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Functions teams enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.