At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) function has an important role to play in helping to achieve EY’s ambition to create long-term value as the world’s most trusted, distinctive professional services organization. We work hand in hand with the business to take services and solutions to market; bring our purpose, building a better working world, to life for our people, clients and communities; engage our people and build a high performing culture; and to build the commercial value and emotional resonance of the EY brand.
Through the collective power of BMC, and the other teams and specialists we work with, we aim to build a better working world by driving commercial value through distinctive marketing and communications that deliver measurable market impact. The opportunity
With the growth of our Strategy and Transactions Service Line, and within in it our EY-Parthenon strategy brand through the Real World Strategy program, we are looking for an experienced all-round marketing and communications professional with a strong understanding of EY’s service offerings to join our SaT BMC team. In this role you will build and manage strong relationships and collaborate closely with relevant business leaders as well as the wider EMEIA and Global Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) team more broadly to deliver a differentiated marketing and communications strategy aligned to business priorities. Your key responsibilities
In this role you will need to develop and execute a marketing plan for programs underpinning our overall SaT BMC marketing strategy. You will create high impact marketing programs to help reposition us in the minds of our target audience to reflect our broader service and solution offerings:
- Continuously evaluate against agreed KPIs to evolve and adapt marketing programs to accelerate the market-leading position with business stakeholders and enable increased relationship opportunities with clients and prospects.
- Work with the SaT Brand and Marketing Leader to create world-class BMC strategies that align with SaT business priorities to achieve strong business results and recognition with leading market influencers including analysts, media, economists and academics.
- Develop visual, audio, video and written content working closely with Strategy and M&A experts to establish sponsors and subject matter experts, connecting with internal knowledge teams to deliver differentiated and insightful thought leadership that is predictive and provocative and focused on market/ sector issues and trends.
- Oversee and coordinate insights from EY data analytic teams to ensure impact of programs is measured and evaluated.
- Manage external relationships with third parties (writers, research organizations, creative agencies), including contract negotiation in collaboration with EY Procurement and Services
- Oversee and manage multiple work streams with a direct and virtual project team that span different ranks, competencies and functions (thought leadership development and creation, creative and design, data analytics, advertising campaigns, PR/media relations, social media, digital presence, relationship management with internal business stakeholders and external vendors), internal and external distribution and promotion of the created marketing materials
- Build and manage relationship with other teams in the organization, including business development and client facing teams
- Support the Knowledge, Research and Origination program via sharing your expertise, network and channels
- Contribute to and provide appropriate input to the development of other firm wide programs and support methods for driving innovation and change across the BMC organization
You will also provide internal communications and engagement support to our SaT EMEIA leadership and BMC colleagues in SaT and across EMEIA more broadly to help ensure a joined-up, integrated communications strategy that articulates key value propositions within a broader consistent messaging framework.
Skills and attributes for success
- Effectively engage SL/EY leaders/people in EMEIA with consistent global messaging around SaT strategy, market and commercial opportunities, operational considerations, etc, within context of overall EY strategy and purpose - e.g. NextWave and purpose - bringing building a better working world to life.
- Support and shape the engagement around global SL brand/marketing programs and EMEIA firmwide brand/marketing programs.
- Devise and deliver creative use of content and channels to engage key internal audiences.
- Collaborate with other functions - such as Talent - on key change management initiatives, such as transformation of service delivery.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker that can challenge status quo and cut through noise, internally and externally
- Demonstrate excellent, high-level diagnostic and substantive oral and written communication skills, including converting complex technical concepts into compelling market messages
- Demonstrate an understanding of sophisticated economic and financial material; be able to make technical content accessible and appealing to a C-suite audience
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly understand the business, clients’ issues and buyers’ agendas across sectors and geographies globally
- Partner with stakeholders and team members to identify business needs; proactively provide exceptional client service; advise clients on communications concepts; work collaboratively and effectively with peer functions and stakeholders to deliver on EY and BMC strategic priorities
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and deliver several projects concurrently under tight timelines; demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills. Take an organizational-level view of implications; manage competing forces and drive understanding, motivation and stakeholder value
- A strong team player and lateral thinker, working collaboratively, virtually and independently
- A people manager with the ability to foster a strong team culture, assemble the right team across competencies and functions at the right time, mobilize people to take action and deliver results with a clear purpose on objectives
- Tactful and diplomatic approach in complex, sensitive situations
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills and abilities concerning global business fundamentals, business models, ethics, competitive analysis and cross-cultural/geographical sensitivities
- Able to tell stories and present information in creative ways including via graphics and charts, data, photos and video; write scripts and create content for webcasts, leadership presentations and videos
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent area of study or experience)
- Experience in creating and writing compelling business content, working in complex and demanding environments, and managing time-sensitive initiatives simultaneously under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to influence and build collaborative relationships with challenging views and perspectives with business stakeholders
- Experience working with external and internal agencies/resources and research provider
What we look for
- A good understanding of how Brand Marketing and Communications strategies help the business achieve its objectives and keep abreast of trends on digital content development, deployment and measurement to keep the program competitive
- Up-to-date knowledge on BMC and service line issues, trends and long-term implications for EY’s brand strategy
- The ability to assert own ideas and persuade others; gain support and commitment from others; mobilize people to take action; use creative approaches to motivate others to meet the strategic goals and priorities
- Initiative, coupled with accuracy and attention to detail; demonstrate reliability
We’re looking for an experienced, high energy individual who embraces change and innovation to help ensure that we continue to deliver world-class BMC initiatives in an ever-changing environment. What we offer
As part of this role, you'll work in a highly integrated, global team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits available in your country. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
Please apply to this role only through the ‘Apply’ link (not through the local office). Your application will then be routed to the appropriate recruiting team. The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build. EY | Building a better working world
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.