What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Business Unit Overview
Led by the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Technology Risk secures Goldman Sachs against hackers and other cyber threats. We are responsible for detecting and preventing attempted cyber intrusions against the firm, helping the firm develop more secure applications and infrastructure, developing software in support of our efforts, measuring cybersecurity risk, and designing and driving implementation of cybersecurity controls. The team has global presence across the Americas, APAC, India and EMEA. Within Technology Risk, Advisory is the consultative and technology subject matter expertise arm, responsible for assessing new technology initiatives for risk, partnering with engineers to architect and design secure products and services, embedding implementation reviews as part of the SDLC and CI/CD pipeline via code analysis and penetration testing, and guiding technology innovation in terms of security and control across Goldman Sachs. The team plays a critical role in designing and assessing controls for our transition to building native public cloud applications. Role
In this role, you will join one of the most progressive Technology Risk teams in the industry which continues to push the envelope of understanding of risk and security within technology and the business. You will collaborate with BU technology teams on both in house projects and external cloud or 3rd party products to deliver secure products and solutions for AI and ML. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Job responsibilities:
- Focus on in house infrastructure projects, external cloud engagements and adoption
- Work with various teams to understand design proposals and evaluate risk
- Design secure patterns and produce guidance to reduce risks through opinionated architecture
- Provide internal risk advisory and consulting services to application and infrastructure developers
- Perform infrastructure as code reviews
- Develop policy as code, templates and modules to implement and enforce secure patterns and guidance
- Risk knowledge domains include AI & ML and data protection
- Minimum 4years’ experience in one or more infrastructure technical role (focusing in AI/ML) with 2 years working with major cloud solutions (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) preferred
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP stack, application and infrastructure protocols
- Must have a high level understanding of security principles, control frameworks (NIST), threat modeling, and security risks as they apply to cloud solutions
- Must have high level understanding of security risks as they apply to ML and AI solutions.
- Experience designing, provisioning, and supporting ML/AI, SaaS, and Public Cloud components (Networks, Compute, Database families, PaaS Services, AI & ML services)
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code, Containers, CI/CD security
- Bachelor, Master of Science, or PhD in Computer Science, Cyber-Security, or Information Security
- Experience or trainings in related disciplines e.g. computer security, network security, cloud security
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience speaking to technical and business audiences.
- Highly motivated and willing to learn and adapt to new technology
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity