At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture, and technology to become the best version of you. We’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Financial Services (FSO) Assurance team is fully integrated, working across borders to help clients deal with issues that are critical to their success, and winning new business as a result. From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information, and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of clients. Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same. The opportunity
As an auditor at EY, you will provide independent verification of our clients’ compliance with accounting principles. By doing so, you play a meaningful role in helping businesses accurately reflect their financial picture. In return, you can expect leading class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge, and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
We are expanding our Audit teams across the UK with vacancies in: Edinburgh; London; Manchester
. Your key responsibilities
Everything you do will come back to providing exceptional audit services for our clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Effectively leading fieldwork and managing the audit process, with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters, liaising with relevant departments to ensure smooth delivery
- Engaging clients and providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transactions
- Understanding our clients’ unique ambitions and needs, referring them to colleagues in other areas where relevant to broaden our business relationships
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and sharing your knowledge to support junior colleagues.
- Supervising day to day team operations
- Performance management and coaching of junior colleagues throughout the performance year
Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you’ll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. As you build your knowledge and experience, you’ll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory. To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience planning, executing, and reporting on multiple external audits in a managerial capacity
- Fully qualified as a chartered accountant e.g. ACA / ACCA / CA / ICAS / ICAEW or international equivalent*
- Financial services industry exposure
- Project and people management experience
*Please note that evidence of qualification status will be requested pre-interview. We kindly request that applicants upload a copy of their qualification certificate at the point of application. Ideally, you’ll also have
What we look for
- Sector experience in one or more of the following: Wealth Management; Asset Management
- Previous professional experience at Manager level, or equivalent
- Knowledge of current market issues in the UK
- Experience using SOX 404 and applying UK GAAP and IFRS
- Expertise using GAM to perform an assurance engagement in compliance with auditing standards
- An application and solution-based approach to problem solving and a collaborative approach to management
- The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We’re interested in professionals with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so we look for people who will take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build. Apply now. Please note
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy.
We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!