MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Software Engineer (Embedded / Middleware)
Salary: Circa £50,000 - £70,000 depending on experience
What we can offer:
- Bonus of up to - circa £2,000
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking.
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working. In this role 4 days per week in the office as a minimum is required due to the secure classification of the work requiring secure network access.
- We're a driven team with a passion for software and its successful deployment in battlespace Command and Control (C2) weapon systems.
- We work on technology that is at the forefront of European missile system design, delivering safe, secure, and reliable products to our customers.
- We are looking for a capable, adaptable and inquisitive Embedded/Middleware software engineer to join a small talented team to develop middleware solutions for the next generation of advanced missile systems.
- We want someone who can work with us to develop the next generation of products whilst maintaining our enviable reputation for safety, performance and dependability.
- Working with cutting edge technologies across a range of land and maritime defence projects.
- Developing solutions targeting a large range of problems from hardware drivers to web services. This role provides a great opportunity for someone wanting to be involved in many differing areas of software.
- Working across multiple applications on numerous projects in the systems software department, this role allows for involvement in many of the most advanced missile systems in the world, across multiple domains.
What we're looking for from you:
- A passion for software engineering, be able to innovate, and think critically to solve complex software problems.
- A willingness to develop software skillsets either through on the job, or formal training.
- MBDA Software Engineering (SE) has an internal SE University, created and delivered by MBDA software engineers to effectively manage and share key knowledge and skills.
- A solid background in software engineering with knowledge of Operating Systems (Linux), I/O, memory management, networking, concurrency and scheduling.
- Experience working with, and good knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Ideally have experience with scripting languages, Real-Time operating systems and Hypervisors.
- A desire to design, develop, implement and test modular and scalable code with considerations for safety, security and software development policies.
- Comfortable working with a team in a collaborative environment, communicating and contributing to design and implementation decisions, and supporting with integration.
- Experience in the development of embedded software for Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) hardware and be comfortable working with target system hardware within a lab environment.
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment and be familiar with build-processes and tools such as Jenkins.
- Knowledge of external standards such as DefStan 00-55 and MISRA would be beneficial.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearances