BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,500 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 10 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Technical Security Consultant
to join our fast growing International Government division. Where you can help our customer's understand their exposure to cyber security threats and risks. This role can lead to progression into any of the three other Cyber roles: Enterprise Security Consultant; Security Architecture Consultant; or Security Consultant. What you will be doing:
As a Technical Security Consultant
you will be helping clients clearly understand their exposure to cyber security threats / risks and put in place pragmatic and cost effective controls. Identify, manage and treat risk to a client's information and information technology assets. Day to day task will include things like:
What skills and experience will you need?
- Understanding business and information risk context (typical business drivers, cyber security threats and implementation challenges) of our customers
- Judge risk at a technical and business process level and clearly articulate both verbally and in writing to key stakeholders
- Reviewing effectiveness of controls (in relation to known controls frameworks as appropriate) and proposing proportionate security improvements
- Analysing and researching security technologies to support the development of innovative solutions
- Assesses risk at the business function or process level
- Translates proficiently framework controls into business requirements in straightforward situations
- Leads client interviews or small investigations to determine business impact
- Conducts site security visits and environmental security assessments
- Applies standard frameworks or relevant BAE Systems IPR/standard approaches
- Leads the creation of risk assessment/reports
- Works with account teams to identify new opportunities for work and support the production of quality proposals
Experience as a security consultant is essential and ideally you will have some of the following skills and experience, but you don't need to have them all to apply:
- Ability to articulate and pitch security advice, often at a technical level, directly to key customer stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as both written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Able to prioritise, work well under pressure and concurrently manage both customer and BAE Systems expectations
- Experience in a commercial industry such as financial Services, banking or insurance; the energy sector or perhaps telecoms.
How we will support you:
- Threat modelling experience
- Practical understanding of technical aspects of cyber security (e.g. vulnerability management, penetration testing, protective monitoring)
- Experience with toolsets including Qualys, RiskSense and ServiceNow would be highly desirable
- Understanding of regulatory requirements such as CBEST and TIBER
- Work-life balance is important; you'll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You'll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE Systems
- Don't know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You'll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and well being.
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government security clearance at BPSS Level prior to starting with us and must be eligible for SC clearance in the future
. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearanceLife at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.