Our Risk division develops comprehensive processes to monitor, assess, and manage the risk of expected and unexpected events that may have an adverse impact on the firm. Risk professionals execute critical day-to-day risk management activities, lead projects, and contribute to the ongoing advancement of a robust risk management program. Effective coordination with executive management, business units, control departments and technology is critical for success.MARKET RISK
Market Risk is a Department within the Risk Division that facilitates effective deployment of risk appetite, prudent risk management and regulatory compliance for the Firm’s market risks. The group acts as a key stakeholder in ensuring that the firm’s business plans are within its market risk appetite, and engages directly with businesses on the review and challenge of risk management actions.
The group also plays a key role in keeping the Board of Directors apprised of the firm’s market risk profile. This is achieved through the use of a suite of risk measures, proactive application of expert judgement, and limit setting. Activities are centered on risk management and analysis, transparency and escalation of risk, supervision, and overall process improvement.
We are looking for a professional to join the second line of defense Market Risk group as a market risk manager in London covering Equities (One Delta, Options, Exotics, Convertibles).KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ongoing review of risk measures (VaR, greeks, stress tests) and interaction with 1st line risk takers
- Evaluate risk taking behavior and influence outcomes through portfolio and transaction level risk analysis taking into consideration risk appetite
- Collaboration with Risk Engineering colleagues on the development of new risk measures / stress tests and improvements to existing measures
- Proactive identification of emerging risks (e.g. basis risks, crowded trades)
- Limit and threshold setting
- Connect events (e.g. macroeconomic data releases, political elections) to potential vulnerabilities
- Dissemination of information and education of stakeholders through effective and timely communication and collaboration
- Communication with senior management and regulators
- Supervision of direct reports
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Approximately ten to fifteen years’ experience in market risk management (or similar role with transferable skills), with extensive experience risk managing nonlinear equity derivatives and exotic products
- At least five years’ experience managing direct reports in and out of region
- Strong academic record with Bachelor’s degree, equivalent or above in Finance, Mathematics or a related quantitative/analytical discipline preferred
- Deep understanding of financial products including their risk/reward tradeoffs with a focus on Equities
- Deep understanding of market risk measures, concepts, and regulatory rules: VaR, stress testing, greeks, Volcker rule, CCAR
- Excel, Bloomberg, Refinitiv Eikon, ability to pick up in-house systems
- Ability to code or supervise those who code a plus
- Proven problem solving ability and control mindset
- Able to analyze and challenge risk taking activities while engaging effectively with first line of defense
- Desire and ability to collaborate with people from different departments and levels of seniority
- Desire and ability to communicate complex information and concepts in layperson terms directly with senior management (both written and verbally)
- Control mindset
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity