S&P Global provides innovative products and services that enhance transparency, reduce risk and improve operational efficiency. Our customers include banks, hedge funds, asset managers, central banks, regulators, auditors, fund administrators and insurance companies. We develop large scale technology platforms and enterprise software to produce global financial data with focus on analysis and regulatory requirements.
We are seeking a bright, self-motivated, experience DBA who is familiar with AWS infrastructure to join our Cloud DBA team. You will be responsible for managing our database clusters and working within complex global commercial environments. Ideally you will have a minimum of 3 years experience in AWS technologies such as RDS/Aurora, configuration, and security management. You are eager to learn new diverse tools and technologies.
• Deploy, manage, and support AWS database environments & implement / advise on best practices
• Support database migrations, upgrades, and deployments to multiple AWS environments.
• Manage cloud database changes through change request process and provide status reports to the relevant stakeholders.
• Respond promptly to incidents, investigate, and provide temporary and/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated. Provide timely status updates to relevant stakeholders.
• Monitor and measure the performance and availability of cloud database systems proactively and implement corrective actions to improve performance and availability.
• Ensure service levels meet requirements. Propose, and implement, action plans when required.
• Support cloud service continuity measures including backup & restore procedures and disaster recovery plans, to ensure continuous operation of the business.
• Conduct root cause analysis and implement proactive measures where required.
• Provide cloud database systems related technical advice to customers or project teams for manageable issues.
• Follow cloud security standards or best practices to avoid security breaches and reduce system vulnerability. Keep up to date on current security.
• Provide input to security audits (as required) and implement the necessary actions.
• Initiate new responsibilities and help improve service level to customers.
• Using best practice. Plan, design, install, test and implement cloud database systems in accordance with specifications and SLAs.
• Provide database troubleshooting, performance tuning and consultancy sessions.
• Experience of working in financial services or similar is highly desirable
• Experienced in working within AWS infrastructure. 3yrs+
• To be able to spec, size, deploy and test clusters of RDS/Aurora Databases
• Familiarity with security configuration for Sql, PostgreSQL,
• Familiarity with performance configuration for Sql, PostgreSQL,
• Knowledge and experience implementing backup and restore strategies
• Knowledge of setting up standalone DB in EC2.
• Knowledge of NoSQL is desirable
• Providing inputs to engineering to assist developers in understanding how RDBMS systems work
• Impact analysis e.g. the effect of scaling of services
• Comfortable with observability tooling
• Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code is desirable
• On call expectation
• Thought leader with focus on delivery
• Displays energy, drive, and stamina
• Can make decisions and take calculated risks
• Analytical and can work with the business stakeholders daily
• Open minded, flexible, and willing to adapt to changing situations.
• Comfortable working with global teams operating across different time zones.
• ¬Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with overseas team.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)Job ID:
Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom