At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all. The opportunity
We are seeking someone with a passion to deliver sustainability results and who is excited by the prospect of working with the Travel, Meetings & Events (TME) team within EY. You will be working as a project manager on a wide range of topics to advance ESG related initiatives quickly. Your key responsibilities
One of the 7 pillars of EY’s carbon ambition is to reduce business travel by 35% by FY25. Pre-pandemic, travel was 70% of EY’s overall footprint. In order to help EY achieve its emission goals, the Travel, Meetings and Events team need to further advance their initiatives related to the FY25 ambition. This role will ensure those initiatives are brought to fruition quickly. Additionally, the role will assess the travel, meetings and events supply chain and support the inclusion of sustainable options and choices. Skills and attributes for success
Key areas of focus will be:
To qualify for the role you must have
- Work with the TME ESG Enablement Leader and Manager to assess gaps in the current ESG programs/procedures and make recommendations for changes
- Support the team with initiatives to ensure EY achieves its targets, specifically where TME can support carbon reductions
- Collaborate with EY TME suppliers to devise plans which support the EY carbon reduction targets, increased circularity and social goals
- Explore opportunities for employees to be able to make informed decisions when booking travel and or meetings & events with the sustainability impact being visible at time of booking
- You will actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives, consistently driving projects to completion making sure that the work delivered is industry leading
- Lead the TME ESG Champion program
- Support special projects as needed and perform other related duties as required
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in managing and supporting supplier diversity and sustainability initiatives
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to troubleshoot and provide successful solutions
- Willingness to apply innovative solutions
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to drive change, by building strong, trusting relationships with key customers at all levels
- Strong analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office tools
What we look for
- Advanced degree in a related discipline, preferably ESG, Business and/or Supply Chain Management
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in ESG
- Demonstrated experience and success in project management with senior stakeholders in a complex matrix environment
The individual will be expected to work independently and at times to tight deadlines and continuously leverage strong working relationships with key internal constituents across EY. What we offer
As part of this role, you'll work in a highly integrated, global team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits available in your country. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
Please apply to this role only through the ‘Apply’ link (not through the local office). Your application will then be routed to the appropriate recruiting team. The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build. EY | Building a better working world
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.