The Tax department is seeking a highly motivated individual with experience in data analytics and transformation. The candidate would use their analytical skills to identify opportunities to leverage technology tools and engineering solutions to drive transformation. This role will entail coordination within Tax and across Finance, Engineering, Controllers and Operations divisions for requirements gathering, development, testing and execution. Project management and communication skills are critical to the role. Responsibilities:
- Partner with our Tax professionals and the tax transformation team to understand and document business systems, data flows and the architecture / processes that consume data
- Utilize advanced analytical tools to build, control, maintain and deliver large structured and unstructured data sets from various data sources in the most effective and efficient way
- Work with Tax, Finance Controllers, Engineering, business units, and outside consultants to leverage technology solutions for the Tax department
- Participate in data architecture decisions and partner with engineering teams to implement solutions and ensure alignment of tax data strategies to business and firmwide data strategies
- Liaise with business partners to document data dictionary, assess risks, design data controls, and review the results for data quality and anomalies
- Manage relationships to track and monitor workstream(s) progress, ensure timely reporting of milestone and dependency status, monitor risks and issues to escalate to leadership, and execute day-to-day project management activities across the transformation lifecycle
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience, Financial Services industry or big accounting firms experience helpful
- Experience with tax and accounting products such as Thomson Reuters, Corptax, Longview, Vertex, HFM and SAP
- Familiarity with Bots, RPA, and experience developing ETL solutions
- Proficiency in Alteryx, Power Query, Power BI/Tableau, Excel, data modelling, dashboarding, data pre-processing, application integration techniques, VBA, SSIS, Knowledge of Relational Database Model, SQL
- Demonstrated communication, problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities for technology implementations and process improvements
- Experience in project management
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity