MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary £40000 to £58000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to £2000 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site (at Stevenage)
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working such as 50/50 home/office split.The Opportunity
Join us as a Business & Project Management with a focus on delivering innovative and compelling and deliverable business winning propositions.
You will work collaboratively with other MBDA Stakeholders including Sales & Business Development, Programmes, Technical and Finance. As well as ensuring excellence in each individual bid, the role plays a critical part in the long-term product business cases, product route maps and the product investment plans.
What are we looking for?
The ability to form innovative solutions to challenging problems within short timescales
- Excellent judgement and stakeholder influencing skills
- A good understanding of the key bidding considerations across a number of stakeholders
- Experience in project management, contract acquisition and business delivery.
- Excellent stakeholder management, both internally and externally
- Ideally knowledge of the defence sector
- The ability to problem solve issues in real time an in an ambiguous environment
- Direct experience either managing or writing bids of a technical nature; preferably in the context of engineering development work
Key activity strands include:
The successful candidate with benefit from:
- Optimising a portfolio of concurrent and future bidding activities
- Delivering Product Business Cases to maximise probability of success for bidding campaigns
- Contributing to the Product Line strategy through the road-map and investment strategy
- Championing business winning best practices and approaches
- Responded to Customer changing requirements
Exposure to a broad range of MBDA stakeholders up to and including the Executive Committee
The opportunity to form enduring relationships across the MBDA organisation, both within the allocated programme and across the wider business
Working within a dynamic environment with the potential for multiple bidding activities at once
Experience of domestic and export requirements
Involvement with both customer and suppliers to ensure the Customer Requirement is answered
What's great about the team?
This role provides the opportunity to forge relationships with a wide range of partners to shape MBDA's future contracts. This is a fantastic opportunity to be take a leading role in our bid team and bid strategy. The role has a wide remit and day to day tasks will be diverse!
Opportunity to work on programmes such as FCAS, GCAP and Tempest.Our Business:
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.