MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £34,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
An opportunity has arisen working within our Major Equipment Procurement team for an energetic individual to support complex bids new business campaigns and develop associated procurement strategies. The role would suit someone with experience in (project) procurement sub-contracting, and who has an interest and/or experience in business winning.
A procurement role within a new business environment can sometimes be ambiguous, can often be changeable, but will always be interesting. You will represent the procurement department to with major internal stakeholders for specific campaign propositions and have early and continuous engagement on those campaigns and on associated product procurement strategies.
The individual will help ensure that the key contributions of MBDA's Supply Chain are understood and recognised in our Bid offers, thereby supporting the company in its ability to continue providing world leading defence capabilities to our Home Nations and their Allies.
You will support the co-ordination co-ordinate the support of prospective new subcontracts and obligations with suppliers across the entire life cycle of missiles and missile systems, requesting and evaluating Supplier proposals, planning and scheduling sophisticated and critical sub-system requirements, compiling cost information, highlighting risks and opportunities – all in order to help safeguard the interests of MBDA. You will collaborate with bid teams to understand needs and align bid strategies accordingly, supporting the procurement input at internal and external reviews as part of business approvals or engagement activities with suppliers.
The individual will help ensure that the key contributions of MBDA's Supply Chain are understood and accurately reflected in our Customer Proposals, thereby supporting the company in its ability to continue providing world leading defence capabilities to our Home Nations and their Allies.
What we're looking for from you:
- Demonstrable experience in project procurement roles
- Some experience in negotiating contract terms and conditions and a willingness to learn
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills, to articulate complex ideas clearly and persuasively
- An awareness of cost drivers, programme plans and bidding considerations in supplier context
- Communication skills and attention to detail
There will be ample opportunities for you to develop within the MEP team and across the wider procurement business in subcontract delivery roles as the business demands change. It is likely that you will be required to travel to our suppliers in the UK, Europe and potentially internationally
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information