What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists’ groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Asset & Wealth Management Segment:
Across Asset and Wealth Management (AWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals.
Private Wealth Management (PWM)
- The Private Wealth management (PWM) business within Asset & Wealth Management division provides comprehensive Investment Management services and advice across a full-range of asset classes for very high net worth individuals. PWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to service clients. This platform helps realize a client's goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
- Across AWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The PWM Data Distribution team is responsible for delivering the next-gen data platform and services and help us scale to ever increasing needs of the business. We are looking for strong java developers with good understanding of database concepts to join our team to help in this strategic build out.
Our team of engineers build solutions to the most complex problems and can work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field. Software is engineered in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, adapting to market and customer needs to deliver robust solutions in an ever-changing business environment. PWM Technology builds on top of cutting-edge in-house platforms complimented with a strong focus on leveraging open-source solutions. Engineer tools and services that bring unification and scale to Wealth Management division, providing data solutions that span Sales, Client Servicing, Research, Portfolio Management and Trading.
As a team lead, the individual will have the opportunity to lead a team of analysts & associates working within the team, organically build the team through active recruiting, coaching and be the local reporting manager for the team. The lead will also build close partnership with local sponsors & stakeholders both in the private wealth management space and broadly across engineering in the region.
You will work across a variety of systems & programming languages to create a data pipeline to ingest millions of data points per day and create a highly available data processing and REST services to distribute data to different consumers across PWM. Technologies used include:
• Data Technologies: Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Presto
• Programming Languages: Java, Scala, Scripting
• Database Technologies: MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, MemSQL, Sybase IQ / ASE
• Micro Service Technologies: REST, Spring Boot, Jersey
• Build and CI/CD Technologies: Gradle, Jenkins, Gitlabs, SVN
• Cloud Technologies: Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
• Experience leading a team & driving the team to success
• Experience and continued aspiration to be client facing & engaging stakeholders to build strong partnerships
• An ability to drive to goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
• Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Strong team player & experience working with global teamsHOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Modelling and codification of data pipelines
• Building frameworks for compute and enrichment of data entities and its distribution using existing data platform components.
• Enhancement to existing systems and modernization using new platform.
• Collaboration with teams across global counter parts.
• Design, Develop, Test and Deploy your software using CI/CD pipeline.
• Introduce productivity and efficiency improvement techniques by leveraging right tech stack.
• Participate in code review and collaborate in experimenting new tech stacksSKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or other related degree at bachelors level
• Java, Scala, Scripting, REST, Spring Boot, Jersey
• Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, MemSQL, Sybase IQ / ASE
• 6+ years of hands on experience on relevant technologies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2023. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity