Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £15.2 billion to 135,000 small business owners. In 2022, lending through Funding Circle’s UK platform helped generate £6.9 billion in GDP while creating and sustaining 106,000 jobs. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
The Collections & Recoveries team carry out all debt collection procedures with their own unique approach that is defining the collections culture in the peer-to-business market.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting SME business owners who are facing financial difficulties over the telephone and via written communication to effectively understand the cause, diagnosis and prognosis of their businesses' financial situation, negotiating an outcome which is appropriate for both the borrower and our Investors
- Building rapport with our Borrowers to understand their needs and expectations, meeting these consistently through commitment to our quality framework delivering an outstanding service
- In communication you will always provide support to our small business customers and protect our investor returns, managing accounts with a strong focus on cash collection and aged debt clearance, always trying to minimise loans defaulting
- Recognise opportunities to further aid our borrowers, taking the initiative to identify and implement the best solutions
- Handle Borrower dissatisfaction in an appropriate and professional manner and adhere to our complaints/escalation process
- Comply with all appropriate regulatory and FCA guidelines which are pertinent to Borrowers, Colleagues and Investors
- Experienced in a customer facing role/environment, ideally within a Financial Services organisation
- Experienced in delivering against targets and working to achieve all SLAs and KPIs consistently
- Organised with great attention to detail, and the ability to use multiple systems concurrently in the workplace
- Able to empathise with borrowers and the commitment to assist them in solving issues through your first-class customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure whilst maintaining the quality of work
Did you know?
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect fit!
Why join us?
Talk to our recruiters about our workplace, culture and benefits. We have designed our offering around; Health, Wealth, Lifestyle & Development!
A few highlights are:
- Hybrid working environment (2 days a week in office), flexible working options with an amazing office and we will help support your home working set up
- Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance
- Learning allowance AND other perks such as Gympass, Spill, Just Eat allowance, Electric Car Scheme and more!
- Access to Octopus Money Coach, Free Mortgage advisor partnership and discounts across numerous retailers through Perks at Work.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.