MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Please note automatic promotion is not guaranteed
Salary: up to £70,000 (depending on experience)
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to 27% of base salary
- Car allowance of £300 per month
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- MBDA may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Hybrid working pattern: 80% on site, working with world class equipment
Great opportunity for a Project Delivery Team Lead, in our Hardware-in-the-Loop Team!
We are looking for an ambitious leader with a growth mind-set to join our team. If you're the right person for us, you will seek a supportive environment, surrounded by passionate experts while being a part of collaborative and driven team.
The Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) team conduct the most complete test of missiles other than a firing and are MBDA's Missile test track. We design complex, real-time simulations that surround real missile hardware to allow us to ‘fire missiles indoors'.
As HWIL Project Delivery Team Lead you will be responsible for managing a team of 12+ engineers to design and test real time simulations to test MBDA's products in our state-of-the-art facilities.
You will be able to
- adapt to new engineering and management situations,
- thrive in supporting others to meet their goals and
- be comfortable in abstracting detail in order to understand the engineering task
What we're looking for from you:
We are looking for a confident leader and excellent communicator with an engineering background. Experience of the following areas would be beneficial
- Management Skills
- People management of engineers
- Workload forecasting
- Skills planning and development plans
- Project management and risk analysis
- Strategic technology planning
- Engineering Skills
- Interface debugging and system integration
- Software design for real-time applications
- Radio Frequency or Infra-red design or testing
- Inertial sensor design or testing
- System performance analysis
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.