MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary:£35,000 - £55,000 (depending on experience)
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working; typically, this role will be 4-5 days per week on site working.
Our Sparkworks Radio Frequency (RF) and Low Observability (LO) System Team champion early pre-concept and concept definition of revolutionary new and novel systems and capabilities, incorporating a range of technologies in the domains of RF directed energy and active & passive stealth.
Forming an integral bridge between technology specialists, system and sub-system designers, and programmes management and business development areas of the Sparkworks sector, the concepting team's core role is to bring these exciting RF/LO ideas to life for both stakeholders and customers.
Whether embedded in a multi-disciplinary team, or leading an individual work package, you will gain broad engineering experience. Typical activities include:
- Leading/conducting early life-cycle investigations, answering "what if", "when" and "how" questions for future concepts.
- Supporting technology specialists and system definition through carrying out trade studies, interacting with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Leading the development of the system design for future concepts through maturing system, sub-system and equipment level requirements, and analysing and assessing key performance attributes.
- Working with other domains and project areas within MBDA, and UK equipment and technology suppliers to deliver concept definitions, technology demonstrations, and showcase ground breaking future capabilities.
What we're looking for from you:
Systems engineering experience in any of the following will be beneficial:
- System functional architecture definition, requirement development and management
- Conducting trade studies, investigating conflicts in requirements and designs and identifying credible options
- Working independently on technically complicated problems or within a small team, delivering at a significant pace
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.