BristolMBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.Salary:
Dependent on experience
What we can offer you:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave pro rata (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and more
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working – such as a 2-3 day office attendance and remaining days working from home location.
A number of opportunities have arisen in the transforming Technical Publications department within MBDA. The purpose of these roles are to analyse, develop and deliver the Technical Publications for a complex portfolio of MBDA's products across the Air, Land and Sea domains.
You will be placed at the forefront of engineering documentation where they will work closely with a number of enthusiastic and multi-disciplined internal and international teams across industry and government groups.What we're looking for
- We are looking to strengthen the technical depth within the publication department by adding authoring specialists to support and develop complex engineering descriptive and procedural documentation.
- Experience in technical authoring is essential. Use in particular of SGML is required but also the ability to adapt to other formats of authorship is desirable.
- You will need to be familiar in the use of S1000D based authoring tools, be aware of BREX (Business Rules Exchange) use and Guidance Documents, a CSDB (Common Source Data Base) environment and the associated reports, quality reviews and eventual delivery to the highest quality, on time and on cost.
- You need to be able to work with a variety of different types of people and will maintain a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, even when things are changed at the last minute.
- Provide technical expertise in ensuring design teams have a clear understanding of the publication development, production and upkeep process.
- You may be required to be involved in demonstration or process proving activities at an alternative MBDA site or the Customer's location, in the UK or overseas.
- Experience and a working knowledge of the military environment for operation and maintenance technical publications is preferable but not essential.
- Liaise with product suppliers in support of technical publication technologies.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and overseas.
What's in it for you?
Join a great team!
- MBDA is a world leader in missiles and missile systems and this opportunity is an influential and a relatively autonomous job where the successful applicant can create and lead your project vision and make a mark on how MBDA's technical documentation is utilised.
- The successful applicant would act as an ambassador for Technical Publications and can help develop both the team and the corporate capability.
- The role will require liaison with many military and engineering communities thus offering plenty of variety. Technical Publication working group participation and Technology Development Workshops offer exciting opportunities to diversify the publication methods and impact on department improvements.
- An outstanding opportunity to work with the MoD and a wide variety of internal and external partners with excellent exposure to senior management and leadership within both organisations.
- We analyse and assess technical publication technologies using proof of concept and demonstrations to keep MBDA Technical Publications at the front of Innovation for technical document development and delivery.
- An excellent opportunity to gain a strong knowledge of the customer environment, culture, structure and processes. Travel to UK and overseas customer locations, although infrequent will be part of the role as well as trips to the MBDA France and Italy offices.
- The Technical Publications department is currently populated by a variety of passionate, experienced and technically capable Authors and Illustrators.
- The current team has a mix of personnel, ranging from apprentice, graduates to team members who have served in the Armed Forces and bring a wealth of passion, knowledge and customer experience across the MBDA product Range.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply.
As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above!